Chapter 16: Confession

Chyler's POV
"Okay, so I'm gonna go call her now and tell her to come to work tomorrow." I said to Melissa while getting my phone out of my pocket. "Okay. Are you sure this is a good idea?" She asked me furrowing her eyebrows. "Yeah, I think so... It's going to be fine Mel." I resured her.

I dialed Y/N's number and after a few rings she picked up.
"Hey Chyler, what's up?"
"Hi Y/N. I just really need you at work tomorrow and those next days." I said trying to sound desperate.
"O-Oh okay umm, y-yeah of course I'll come if you really need me."
"Thank you so much Y/N you're the best." Now I felt a bit guilty for making her do this. She's so sweet and kind. Ugh!
"No problem. Is that all?"
"Yeah, that's it. Bye"
"Bye." After that I ended the call.

"Okay SO!" I clapped my hands together which made Melissa jump. "Y/N's gonna go to work again, so now we need those questions. Obviously we need to ask them differently so she won't get suspicious, but they will still be in the same context, so they'll be practically the same." I said the last sentence in one breath. Melissa sighed, she doesn't want to do this, because she thinks she will somehow betray Y/N, but we're doing this for her own good. "Right." Melissa finally said.

After a while of sitting and thinking we have a few questions written. "I think we have enough questions for now, so let's go over them." I said picking up my paper.
"Number 1: 'How was your weekend and what did you do?' you're going to ask her exactly like that and I'll ask her a similar question." She nodded with an okay.
"Number 2: 'Is your boyfriend treating you well?' and only I'm going to ask that question, because you already asked her, so it would be weird." I explained it to Mel and she frowned at me. "But isn't it going to be weird since you've never actually met him?" She does have a good point. "Then I'll just tell her you told me." "Kay."
"Number 3 is, if she has a new bruise ask her about it and then text me where it is and I'll ask her too." She pouted and wrinkled her eyebrows. She can be so adorable sometimes. "Mel I know you really don't want to do this, but we need to help her." I hugged her as we layed on the couch. "I know I just... This doesn't feel right." I smirked at her with a little laugh. "What Chyler?" She raised her eyebrows and playfully shoved me. "Nothing. You're just so in love." "Am not." She said, but the blush on her cheeks was telling me otherwise. "If you say so." I shrugged. "Shut uuuup." She whined like a little puppy. I couldn't help, but laugh at her.

The next day (Monday)
Ms. Benoist's POV
I woke up to my alarm and groaned at the sound that I hate. I got up from bed and walked to the bathroom where I took a shower. Today is the day when we 'investigate' Y/N and I'm starting to get a little nervous. After my shower I went back to my bedroom and put some casual clothes on, since I didn't feel like dressing up today. I left my blonde hair down and walked downstairs, locked my front door and sat in my beautiful car.

I arrived at Chyler's coffee shop and stepped through the door. I smiled as I saw my best friend. We greeted each other with a hug and I breathed in her scent. I don't know why, but she always smells like cinnamon rolls. "Morning Chy." We detached from the hug. "Morning Mel, I'm guessing the usual?" I grinned at her. She knows me so well. "Yep." I said with a pop. I stalked to my usual seat and let my mind wonder. Why am I so nervous? It's not like I'm going to kill her or anything. Ugh. I rolled my eyes at myself. "Why are you so nervous Mel? And don't say you aren't, you know I see right through you." Chyler said while handing me my coffee. "Thanks." I sighed. "I don't know. I just really REALLY like her Chy." She smirked at me and held in her laugh. "Haha. I think that's actually the first time I've said it out loud." I blushed at what I just said. Fuck, I really do like her. "Awww... Is someone blushing?" "Stooooop." I covered my red face embarrassed.

We talked for a little while longer and went over our plan. "Well, I have to go. I don't wanna be late." I looked at my watch that was on my wrist whilst getting up. "I love you." I hugged her goodbye. "I love you more Mel." She hugged me back. "I hardly doubt that, since that's literally impossible, but okay."

I strutted through the school doors and walked to my classroom. Nobody was here yet, since it was still pretty early. I layed out my things for today on my desk and waited for the bell to ring.

When the first bell rang I walked to the classroom door to greet my students as I usually do. I saw Y/N coming down the hall and I started to get nervous again. I took a big breath and composed myself. Get it together Melissa. "Good morning Ms. Y/L/N." "Hi." She quickly walked past me. I shook my head. I swear to god she has NO manners whatsoever.

I started the lesson and every now and then looked at Y/N and like normally she was not paying any attention. Everyone was doing what they were supposed to except her. I sighed and watched her. Her head was resting on her hand and her sleeve suddenly rolled down and I saw a bruise covering her wrist. Definitely going to ask her about that later.

The bell rang and everyone was starting to get out of the classroom including Y/N. "Ms. Y/L/N stay after class." I heard a groan from her. She turned around to face me and stepped closer, so we were face to face. "Did you want something Ms. Benoist?"