Chapter 21: "I will"

Melissa's POV
When we walked in, Y/N was sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed. Her body was all bruised up, her arms covered in purple and yellow bruises, her face was a bit purple too. Now that she wasn't covered with long sleeves you could really see all the bruises. God, there were so many bruises. We sat on the side of her bed and I took her hand in mine. "I told you she'd be fine." Chyler smiled at me.

Y/N stirred awake and groaned. "W-what happened?" She tried to get up, flinching. "Lay back down, you need to rest." I told her and helped her lay down. "Do you remember anything?" Chyler questined her. "Um, I remember waiting for you outside and then everything went black." She shook her head with tears in her eyes. I squeezed her hand for comfort. "You passed out, we found you and brought you here. We said it was a roberry, so nobody would ask questions." I said while still holding her hand. God, I wish I could just hold her hand forever. "Thank you." "Hey um, I'm going to go get some water." Chyler said as she got up.

"Did they call my dad?" Y/N asked while looking down at our hands and as soon as she noticed that she was actually holding my hand her cheeks went red, but she kept our hands connected. I smirked. "Yeah, they did, but he hasn't come. At least not yet." She nodded. "And by the way, you're not going home anymore. You're going home with me. I'm not going to let this happen again." I told her, looking into her eyes. She looked away and sighed. "It was my fault, that this even happened." I furrowed my eyebrows. "How is this your fault?" "I fought back for once and this is what happened. If I just stayed silent and didn't-" "Hey, this isn't your fault Y/N, none of this is." She nodded her head. "Thank you for helping me Ms. Benoist. You don't have to be here with me if you don't want to." Trust me I would be here with you forever if I had to. "No I want to be here with you Y/N." I put my hand on her soft cheek. "Really?" "Yes." I started leaning closer and so did she. She looked down at my lips and then back up into my eyes blushing. Suddenly the door opened and we quickly seperated. "Am I interrupting?" Chyler said walking in and smirking at me. "No, it's okay." We both said at the same time and blushed. "Here, drink some water." She said to Y/N while handing her the water. "I spoke to the doctor and she said that you're free to go in about an hour, you just need to sign a few papers and you'll be good to go." "Okay. Thank you guys. For everything." She smiled at us. "Of course."

"Okay, so just sign these and you're good to go home." The doctor said to Y/N, pointing out what she should sign. "Thanks for everything." I thanked the doctor and all the nurses. They gave her some painkillers and told her to change the bandage once a day. I helped her to Chyler's car, because she was still limping a little. We stepped in the car and buckled in. "We're going to stop at your place, you're going to pack and then I'm going to drive you two to Mel's place." Chyler said to Y/N, glancing at her in the rear view mirror. She nodded. "Okay and thank you again for helping me." "You're welcome."

Once we got to her house, she stepped out of the car with me following behind and Chyler staying in the car. "Okay um, I'll be back in like ten minutes." "Let's go then." She looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. "What? As in we?" "Obviously. I'm not letting you go there alone again." She rolled her eyes at me and sighed. I wanted to say something about the eyeroll, but kept silent. "It'll only take me a few minutes, I swear." She said with pleading eyes. "Fine. But if you need help just yell or something, we're right outside." I put my hand on her shoulder and she nodded. "I will."