Jimmy and Kaldur's Apology

Good God, two down one to go...I'm not gonna make it!!! Who knew being heartfelt and apologetic could wreak such havoc on the human body and emotions!!

Well technically, I don't have a human body. But my point still counts!

Still a bit shaky and wobbly, I pull back a bit from Zatanna's embrace and place a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you for that, Zatanna. Your words mean a great lot. Even though I'm still a bit hurt by your actions, I can take comfort in understanding you a bit better-"

"Ah, an!" Artemis swiftly cuts in. "Save your response till the END!"

"Okay, okay!" I lifted my hands up defensively at her.

And as if we were in a freaking office, I looked around and said, "Who's ne-"

"ME!!!" Jimmy screeched.

He pushed out of his chair, almost tripping and face planting straight into the ground.

"I've been wanting to apologize FOR WEEKS-"

"It's only been a couple hours, Jim." Dick corrected him.

"HOURS!" Jimmy then corrected. "But everyone's been nagging me to 'wait, wait, wait' till we got together and did this stupid group thing."

Jimmy sounded SO spiteful and resentful at the idea of having been delayed from giving his apology.

"I honestly wanted to run here and apologize to you that same night!" He walked up to me and delicately took my hand.

"I even started too until I was informed you went missing. Talk about a heart attack!" Then Jimmy gave me a sly smile and leaned in cockily. "Who knew you were spending time with Metropolis' Most Eligible Bachelor. Good for you Kara. You got mad game."

I began to furiously blush at his word as the room around him exploded.

"How is THAT an apology!?" Dick and Barbara chimed.

"I thought Bat Ma-I mean, Bruce Wayne was the most eligible bachelor?" Wally says.

"That's for Gotham, not Metropolis" Artemis corrected.

"Ooooooh!" Zatanna and Wally chorused.

"Fo•cus!" Barbara screamed again as she shoved Kaldur towards me.

"Wait, WAIT! I'm not done!" Jimmy calls out, raising a finger. Which I believe indicates that the person raising it wants one (or a couple) more seconds to finish what they were doing.

I was correct as Kaldur raised both his hands in understanding and stood back.

Jimmy then turns back to me and leans down his head to kiss our connected hands.

"I'm sorry Kara," he lowly whispered to me. "I may not have said anything, but I'm still responsible for standing by and doing nothing. I sided with those who unknowingly hurt you, and for that, I am forever deeply sorry for that. I give you nothing but my apology.

Tears peek at my eyes again, and I think I feel one even escape as I look down at Jimmy.

Oh God, I'm not gonna make it to the end...

Jimmy moves to the side and lets Kaldur take his place.

"Oh, boy. It's Mr Kind-And-Sensitive-To-Other-People's-Emotions himself. I am NOT gonna survive this."

I take hold of the tissue M'gann gave to me and dabbed it to the edge of my eye.

"I do not apologize for the way things happened." Kaldur suddenly said, shocking the entire room.