Reconciliations

It felt like I'd been sleeping for hours.

My head felt warm and fuzzy, but oddly enough I was quite well-rested.

I push myself up off my bed and begin to make sense of my surroundings.

Phone.

I realized I hadn't had access to my phone for at least 12 hours and I could feel the withdrawal symptoms begin to kick in.

I tried to rummage around my bed but I soon discovered my phone lying on my bedside table.

Dick must've left it there seeing as most of my possessions had been with him.

I yank it open and begin to scroll through my notifications.

50 missed calls from Kal and 3 texts from Dick.

From the looks of them, Dick had been texting me before he realised my phone was with him and gave up.

I went on social media but quickly logged off because the toxicity on there was too much for me to deal with this morning.

"How much longer do we have to wait?"

My head wipes around as I heard Connors voice coming from my living room.

"As long as you need to." I swiftly hear Dick's voice reply.

I dropped my phone and bolted for my room door. I heard a little notification sound from my phone, alerting me that I still had one unread message left, but I ignored it and went out.

I open my room door so see the living room packed with people.

Zatanna, Wally, Artemis and M'gann sat on the couch. Connor, Kaldur and Jimmy took up the wall on the other end of the room. Tucked close to my room door you had Barbara and Dick idly standing by.

As if this whole situation was taking place in a sitcom, all their heads snap down and looked at my legs.

I was still wearing my oversized T-shirts with no pants.

In an act of mild frustration, I just rolled my eyes and waved my hands at my present appearance and situation.

"I do not even care," I say as I turn and walk towards the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" Connor heatedly asked.

"Food." I replied with just as much hostile energy. "If you guys want to yell at me some more you can do so while I try to make a meal. I'm starving"

"She can cook?" I hear Kaldur and Barbara both wonder aloud.

"Surprising, I know, I'm not that much of an airhead," I say to sate their curiosity.

I see them visibly winch as they probably just remembered I had super hearing and they allowed their inner voices to leak out.

"Someone's being a bit snappy today" Artemis commented as she walked into the kitchen and sat at the island in the middle of it.

"I learnt from the best," I said, pointing a finger at her. "Don't act like you're not proud."

Artemis gave a defeated shrug as she continues to smirk at my newfound sassy behaviour.

Dick all of a sudden elbowed both Wally and Connor hard in their midsections, as if signalling them to begin something.

He was standing between them as Barbara, Zatanna and Kaldur were bringing up the rear, Jimmy and Barbara were sitting next to Artemis and M'gann was making her way towards me.