Connor's Apology!?

I blinked my eyes rapidly multiple times as I looked at the big brute with shiny black hair walk up in front of me with the intention of.....apologizing!?

No way this can't be happening! This must be the fabled 'opposite day' I keep hearing about but never actually see the date it's supposed to be on!

Connor, the Connor, Superboy himself, live and in living colour, in the flesh, was about to apologize to me of all people!?

This I gotta see.

I had no confidence in it actually happening, but I was still curious to see how the super brat would fuck everything up and turn this into a giant prank against me. Which I would then happily use as an excuse to punch the ever-living life out of him.

"I would like to sincerely apologise about how I've been treating you ever since you came to earth," Connor said, looking me dead in the eye.

I was flabbergasted, to say the least.

What in the ever licking HECK is going on right now!?

The surprise at Connor's sudden statement actually made me a bit woozy.

"I have to sit down," I say shakily as I desperately reached for the nearest wooden chair available to me.

"You're not the only one," Wally said, leaning back into his chair with an equally unbelieving and flabbergasted face. "You have any alcohol in this place?" He then proceeded to ask, his arms desperately reaching for the non-existent bottle.

"We did. Until Dick and Kal -Clark- rid the place of any sort of toxicants ever since I started formally permanently residing at this place," I vehemently said, with a hint of spite in my voice as I folded my arms while sitting down in the chair M'gann offered me.

"With the way those two treat her, you'd think she wasn't in her mid-20s," Jimmy said with the role of his eyes as he stood at the other end of the room next to Zatanna.

"Well, she was technically a child when she got here so-" I could tell that in that moment Dick was about to say 'when she got here in her space pod', but he'd expertly been able to cover himself up by ending the statements abruptly while still getting his point across.

I wonder when I would be able to cover my blunders that expertly. Seeing as I still made the simplest mistakes with just referring to Kal as Clark.

You could see mild confusion flash across Jimmy's face as he turned to look at Dick and say, "You mean when she got here to America?" Something was off about his voice. Like he was faking what he was saying. But I was still so shook up from Connor's apology that I didn't focus on it too much.

"So?" Connor said, bringing me back to reality and to acknowledge that what he said had indeed not been a hallucination of my mind. "Do you accept my apology?"

"I..." I honestly had no clue what I was going to say.

With everyone coming forward to apologise one by one, and resolved hidden issues and bring to life's everything that was happening, to say my nerves were shot was an understatement.

"Give me a minute," I harshly said as I dug my fingers into my hair and placed my head down low above my knees, as if I was going to enter a fetal panic position.

My heart was racing, my eyes were stinging, and my body shook slightly from everything.

"Human emotions suck," I finally then said with a little hysterical laugh.

Everyone else in the room giggled as well, probably knowing all too well the fickle feeling of just being overwhelmed by everything going on.

I'm pretty sure my words were vague enough for Jimmy not to pick up on what I actually meant, but I still took a peek at him through my hair and saw that he had not detected anything off with my statements.