Lunch Date With Lena Luthor

Scrambling down the busy crowded road, I fight the urge to fly at ultra super speed to make sure I'm not COMPLETELY utterly late.

Who sets up a meeting at 11:30 in the morning!?

Rich people, that's who. The snarky annoyed part of my sleep-deprived brain mumbled.

The date for the meet-up had been decided by Lex weeks prior. But he'd been pushing it back and forth constantly.

But finally he'd managed to stick to a date and MY dumb ass only slept through the whole thing.

The wasn't much for me to do as I apparently classified as something called "unemployed". Coined to me by Wally, to which he got swiftly hit in the head and elbowed in the stomach by Artemis and Dick respectively.

I'd brought up the topic to later Clark, just to have something to do. And Clark when immediately blue in the face from worry. What if I got exposed? What if I didn't blend in? what if an evil villain figured out my identity and targeted my place of work!?

Louis promptly pointed out to him that that was HIS biggest fears. Not mine.

She continued to sip her hot tea and kept a vigilant eye on Clark as he continued to list a million other reasons why it was a bad idea. All of which Louis shot down and turn to me and tell me to go for it and do some job hunting. Giving me a bunch of places I might be interested to look into with a wicked wink as her man proceeded to have a meltdown on the spot.

I narrowly avoid colliding with the front bumper of the taxi that barely stopped at the red light that just turned as I continued to sprint for dear life to the rendezvous point.

My mind goes back to wondering as I fasted through the list of options Louis had presented to me. A lot of them were promising, but none of them were as interesting as the one my friends had.

M'gann was a counsellor for kids, Wally works with the police department as a mechanic and backup forensics specialist, Zatanna was a world-famous magician, Barbara was a highly revered librarian, Artemis was a professor at a university, and Dick was a private investigator/detective! How!???

When did they have time to do all that AND STILL BE HEROES!? Especially Dick and Artemis!? I did NOTHING all day and still can barely keep up with this superhero shit!!

"Kara?"

My mind snapped as it came to attention at the sound of my name coming from an unfamiliar voice.

I scan the thinning crowd for the point where my name was called, and could see the bald head of anyone I recognized.

But my name had been called by a woman, not a man.

I quickly scan the endless flow of heartbeats passing me, and none seemed familiar.

Dammit! Swinging around frantically, I hold back the small side of me that wanted to panic from being alone in an unfamiliar place when a soft dainty pale hand rose up above the sea of confusion and waved to me.

"Kara Kent?"

My eye focused down to the point where a tiny woman who looked too frail to be sitting upright smiled at me from her seat outside a quiet upscale pastry shop.

"He....llo?" I cautiously say to the unknown woman.

I see her struggle to lean forward, but extremely stretches out an arm to me.

I give her a weird look till I looked down and froze.

Through my supervision, I could see that she completely lacked the ability to use anything in her body from the waist down.

My Name is Kara Zor-El....and I am SuperGirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara