Hiding From Batman

Jeez! Talk about a good day gone bad! So...very...BAD!

After I left Batgirl, I went to find a hiding place instead of going home. Batman would've been easily able to find me if I'd just gone back to Kal's apartment.

So where did I, who has nowhere and knew no one, go? Haha, I found a random tree on the Kent farm and proceeded to lay low.

When the sun begins to set I went and had dinner with Aunty and Uncle Kent. They called Kal to inform him where I was before he lost his mind and immediately within the next 3-30 seconds he was sitting next to me at the dinning table, ready to wolf down Aunty Kent's famous blueberry pie.

I couldn't help suppress the outburst of laughter that swelled within me. The evening was pure bliss as we sat around, laughed, talked and caught up on each others lives.

I was able to forget about all my worries and just immerse myself in the moment. But even despite that I couldn't fight off the nagging feeling at the back of my head.

I glanced at Kal as he sat on the living room floor seeking advice about Lois from Aunt Martha. I noticed he'd been sneaking me glaces through out the entire evening but ultimately remained quiet.

That's not a good sign...I muse, turning back to Uncle John as I made my next move in the game of chess we were playing.

A loud knock interrupted what everyone was doing.

Me and Kal glance at each other, instantly deducing something was suspicious.

We couldn't hear a heartbeat...

Whoever was on the other side of the front door was either wearing a device that made sure that any kryptonian in the vicinity wouldn't be able to detect their presence, or whatever was behind that door wasn't alive.

Kal and I both nod at each other and take a defensive stance. Kal got up and stopped Uncle John from answering the door so as to do it himself.

After a brief pause Kal braces himself and yanks open the door.

It's Batman.

"Eik!" I shriek and blast up into the roof and nearly broke through the ceiling and into my old room.

Kal looks over at me with concern but then turns back to Batman, "How did you-"

"Lead foil" Bats simply answer back in his grave voice.

It took me two seconds to realize that what Batman meant was that he was wearing, or covered in, or had his suit embedded with lead foil to stop Kryptonians (a.k.a me) from peaking through and seeing who was underneath.

Or probably just detecting his heartbeat and gaining his location, but I'm still sticking to that first option! He probably even wore the suit to make sure I couldn't tell when he was close by or gaining in on me so as for me to not run away.

But he does make an effort to guard his identity from me...

Which doesn't make much sense because I KNOW what he looks like...just not who he is.

When I first landed in Gotham and Kal took me in, I clearly remember him and Batman talking, Batman even had his mask off!

I would never admit it to another living soul but Batman was a very handsome man, unfortunately. I also have a vague memory of Kal calling Bats by his name. Rain? Truce? Urgh! I just can't remember!

I fly down from hitting the roof and position myself behind Aunt Martha and Kal and Bats engaged in a heated discussion.

What are they talking about? It must be about me, it must be about me, IT HAS TO BE ABOUT ME!!!