Girl's Bathroom

In hindsight I probably shouldn't have attacked Conner...but there was no way I was going to let the comment he made pass.

As I lunged from my seat I mini fly towards him with super speed and super strength, I punch him so hard he breaks through the chair and we hit a side wall.

Good thing it all looked normal to any onlookers.

But the gang knew all too well what was going on, I instantly feel people's hands grab onto me and try to pull me back. I yank my arm away, lift it up and sock Conner hard in the face. The impact actually left him dazed and gave me immense satisfaction.

"Just one more hit" I crackle evilly.

Kara! Stop! Please! I hear Megan scream in my head.

I instantly feel my muscles tense up, was Megan telepathically stopping me?

I look over my shoulders and I freeze. The looks on everyone face shocked me. Some looked disappointed while others folded their arms and just looked down on me. I peek a glance at Dick and he looked saddened and frustrated by my actions.

I am instantly over washed with shame.

I let go of Conner's collar, despite the obviously painful punch he just suffered he still had the gall to look smug. Like he'd won or just proven something.

"I have to go use the bathroom" I growl out.

I climb off Conner cause I'd been sitting on his chest, I push passed everyone and headed for the ladies bathroom. As I entered I looked at myself in the mirror, a beautifully gorgeous blonde in a God forsaken short red dress and insanely high silver heels.

If only I was normal.

I feel the brink of tears hit me. I run into one of the toilet stalls and lock it behind me.

I hear a door open, "Kara? Kara!"

It was Megan. I hear footsteps shuffle in, but it was followed by several more.

"Kara? Are you in here?" I hear Artemis's voice next.

"Just go away!" I whine.

"C'mon Kara, just come out" I hear Zatanna say next.

Oh great, I suppose Barbara's hear too. I think to myself.

Yes I am, I hear her voice in my head.

"What the-!?" I panic on the toilet stall.

"I made a girl's only link" Megan explained. "Just alittle way to show you we do feel like you're one of us"

I fidget uncomfortably on the toilet seat.

"And also as a way to apologize" Artemis says in a tone of regret.

"Apologize?...For what?" I cautiously ask.

"Just come out please?" Zatanna pleas.

I hesitate for a moment, then I get up and unlock the door. I meekly walk out and stand in front of the four girls who stood in a semi circle around the bathroom stall door. I am again reminded of how horrible I acted and I cringe internally.

"I'm sorry-" I begin to try to say.

But Barbara cuts me off, "Oh, don't be" she scoffs me off.

"If anyone should apologize, it really should be us" Megan says, with Artemis and Zatanna's nods of agreement.

"What we did was really a douche move" Artemis adds while folding her arms.

"What is it that you did?" I asked again.

The four girls looked at each other, then looked at Megan.

"We might have uhm..." Megan was blushing bright red. "We-uh...kind...uhm..."

"We planned to have Conner say something provocative towards you to see if it would trigger a response or reaction from you." Artemis blurbs out in Megan's place. She says everything in a bored and unfeeling tone that held little regret for its statement.

"WHAT!?" I scream.

"We know, we know, it was kinda awful of us" Barbara tries to calm me. It didn't work.

"It was our way of initiating you into the group!" Zatanna offers cheerfully.

I give her a death glare, which was probably a bad idea considering my gaze changed red instantly.

Control, control, control, I chant to myself. Do not let this stuck-up God-awful ratchet bitches let you lose it!

We can hear you, Artemis drawls.

I gasp and hold my mouth.

"We did deserve it" Zatanna admits with a shrug.

"See Megan!" I yell at her. "Disconnect this link before I-"

I gasp again and slap my hand over my ears this time, don't think about him, don't think about him. DO NOT THINK ABOUT HIM!

I fought desperately to keep my thoughts under control but that was torture in and of itself.

"Calm down" Artemis says again in that distant and disinterested voice, "We already know you have the hots for Dick."

"MEGAN!"

"I said nothing! I swear!" she defends.

"Actaully? It was just a hunch, but you just confirmed it" Artemis laughed.

All the other girls looked between Artemis and me cautiously, but instead I surprised them and laughed as well.

"Oh waw, you got me" I concede to her, holding my stomach and giggling.

"We are really sorry about the initiation thing" Barbara says while fixing her red hair. "We had no idea how far Conner would have gone"

"In retrospect, we probably shouldn't have given Conner the reins to handle it" Artemis stands in front of the huge mirror and starts fidgeting with her makeup.

"I never would've guessed he held such resentment towards you" Zatanna says to me and goes and stand next to Artemis and does the same as her. But instead she just used magic to revitalize her makeup.

"Conner and I have never really been the best of friends" I confess to them.

"Do tell," Artemis says, fiddling with her hair now.

Megan and I look at each other as we watch the three girls just get engrossed with their appearance in the mirror. After 5 mins the girls freeze as they realize their actions.

We all burst out laughing.

"Long story short" I say, "I think Conner hates the fact at how much more accepting superm-erm- Clark was to me. How easily he integrated me into his life"

"Makes sense" Megan say, rubbing her chin in thought. "For a long time Clark just basically ignored Conner's existence, he didn't really want to...acknowledge him or take any responsibility"

I hadn't known that. "Well that explains a lot" I say aloud.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Is everything alright in there?" Dick's voice echoes from behind the door, "We're kinda worried seeing as our link with Megan went down."

"I broke down my link with Kara and my link with you guys to make one central all girls link," Megan says smugly.

"No fair!" he whine.

"Live with it," Artemis shoves the door back and walks out.

I look at all the other girls who nod at me encouragingly. Zatanna and Barbara take my hand as we walk out with Megan in tow.

Try not to over think everything, I hear Barbara say in my head.

We all followed Dick as we went back to our booth.

Yeah, it's no secret that we've all dated Dick. But you shouldn't allow that to intimidate you. Zatanna says next, if we intimidate you then Lord knows how you'll react to Starfire!

"Who?"