Pity Date (Part 3)

Dick choked, Kaldur dropped his bread and Jimmy continues to sip his tea cautiously while Connor jumps up and roads in triumphant laughter.

"I KNEW YOU WERE A SLUT!!!"

POW!

Artemis slapped Connor so hard across the cheek he tipped backward and fell off his chair.

"Connor!" M'gann cried and rushes over to him.

"That's enough from you..." Artemis seethes at Connor.

She then turns back to me, I slightly flinch back from fear of also getting bitch slapped. And that fear only increased when I see her lift up her right hand to me.

I close my eyes, bracing for the impact but only feel soft hands cup my cheeks.

I gingerly open my eyes and see her giving me the softest of looks.

"It's okay," she whispers, "I completely understand..."

"Understand WHAT!?" Dick cries, trying to clean up the mess he made with his coffee. "She says she's falling in love with your boyfriend!!!"

"And so what!?" She fires back. "My boyfriend is a catch to end all catches and you're just jealous of the fact."

"B-but you don't have to worry about that! I have a solution!" I quickly try to say.

"Which bloody is?" Dick asks in Artemis' place.

I turn around to Jimmy who was still nursing his tea and peeks up at me.

"Can I help you, sweetheart?" He asks in the most genuinely compassionate tone I'd ever heard.

"I agree." I simply say.

"To!?" The entire table asked.

I lift up one finger for emphasis. 'One date" I say, "A pity one! Not a real for real-zies one!" I quickly put in.

"YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!"

Jimmy jumped up with such triumphant gusto he broke his cup on the floor.

"And after that..." I whip around and turn to Kaldur. "Kaldur'ahm, will you also go out with me?"

He was more taken aback by what I was saying but quickly composes himself.

"I believe there is a bigger picture to the reasons behind your motives, so I await your explanation." He simply replies.

I then turn to Dick but choke upon saying the words. I couldn't dare...

He catches the look in my eye and quickly hardens his face.

"Don't even fucking think about it..." He growls at me.

Which hurt. Really, truly and deeply...it did.

I huffed out my chest and turned my nose away from him.

"Like I'd even want to go out with you anyway, your just a good friend"

Dick raises an eyebrow at me while everyone else at the table ooooh's and daaaaayum's at my comeback.

Dick just leans back in his chair and just observes me with a look of challenge in his eyes.

"We'll see about that," he simply says and proceeds to remain silent.

"What do you seek to achieve Kara?" M'gann asked from besides a still fallen Connor who's left cheek was glowing bright red.

"Desensitisation from exposure," I reply. After getting some confused looks, I further explain, "I haven't really been exposed to dating that much on Earth-I mean-Metropolis. So I haven't had the opportunity to interact with many sweet young guys, enter Wally who was the first hot guy to defend me and is sweet and funny to boot-you really bagged a great guy Artemis." I compliment, to which she blushes.

"If I expose myself to more of those types of guys, I'll lose interest in Wally because now he'll no longer be the only one to treat me that way and I also know for a FACT he's not interested in me in the slightest..." I continue.

I turn back to Kaldur again, "I'm so sorry if it seems I'm using you this way but you're a really great guy and I also might be developing a crush on you too," I simply confess.

Whoa...why was it so easy to confess to Kaldur and not Dick? Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I one hundred percent knew things couldn't go any further with Kaldur?

"Oh for the love of God! Who don't you have a crush on!?!?" Connor spat.

"Shut up!!!" Me, Artemis and Dick yelled down at him.

"You are a very nice and sweet girl to Miss Kara. I would like to go out on one date with you too to see how things go." Kaldur innocently replies.

"Yeah, but get in line!" Jimmy jumps in, "she asked me first!" He latched onto my left hand, hugs it closely and digs his face into it. Such a wholesome puppy...

Dick simply stands up and says, "I do not approve."

"Good. I wasn't asking for it," I fired back.

I was liking the fact that despite my massive crush on Dick I wasn't allowing him to push me around and tell me what to do. It was a refreshing and welcome revelation.

"So what now? What of me?" Dick asks, "Why won't you ask me out as well?"

Everyone looks at me, waiting for my answer. And all I could do was seriously blush and look away.

Dick cockily smirks at me, as if catching me red-handed and opens his mouth to declare victory when-

"Dick will you help me-!" I suddenly cry out. "h-help me...help...me..."

I shivered at the prospect of asking him out.

I can't. I can't. I can't. I CAN'T!

I squint my eyes shut.

"HELP ME GET READY FOR WHEN I GO OUT WITH THESE GUYS!?"

I felt my, and everyone else's, hearts drop at my words.

M'gann facepalms herself for the second time today in response to my sheer stupidity and Artemis proceeds to die on the floor laughing.

Good God, I am SUCH an IDIOT!!!

I look back at Dick whose smirk still hadn't left his face.

"Sure." He simply replies, catching me off guard. "What are good friends for?"

✽🌸✽🌸✽🌸✽🌸✽🌸✽🌸✽🌸✽🌸✽🌸

~Thanks For Reading! Please Don't Forget To Vote And Comment!~

Also, vote for where Jimmy & Kara should go on a date by replying to the comments below!

Dinner and a Movie?

Or Bowling/Any sport or movement-based activity?

See ya next week or in a month! XD