Solomon Grundy

Two gigantic bulging arms slam down on me, I bring up my arms to block the impact but my feet still crack through the concrete road. Solomon Grundy was really cranky today...but not as pissed as I am at Batman for giving me the baby jobs.

I mean, what is his problem?

He's making me take care of S.G?

Me!?

"Raaaaaaaaar" the big ugly gorilla yells, "Grundy break pretty face now"

I jump up with my two feet and kick him back, "Thanks for the compliment, but-" I fly up, grab him by the hair and toss him up into the air. "you are so not my type"

"Waaaa...." He disappears into the horizon.

I clap my hands together dusting them off.

"That takes care of that" I say smugly, and fly down to the street.

Grundy had been robbing a bank, as per usual, so the bag of money was on the side of the street. It was a slimy green duffel back that was filled to burst with money, what does a zombie need money for anyway?

I hull it over my shoulders and walk over to the back. I spot 3 little street kids in grubby clothes and smudged faces, their eyes looked at the duffel back full of money, going round at the hundred dollar notes that where slipping out.

It tugged at my heart strings.

I take a cautionary look around, everybody had moved along after the fight. Whistling oh-so-suspicious I jiggle the bag and feathers of cash sprayed down and a clump of hundred dollar bills fell out.

The kids covered their mouths as they gasped in shock. I smirk and wink at them.

The leader of the kids who had blonde hair raced forward and took the lump of cash wad, the other quickly gathered up the rest and they ran into the alley with sheer uncontrolled laughter of delight.

I smile at the sight and noise and walk away.

"That's stealing you know," Batman says through the earpiece stowed behind my ear.

"No, I'm helping the poor." I counter.

"My giving them money that isn't yours"

"From people who have too much," I stand in the cool lobby of the bank and hand the duffel back over to happy cashiers who scurry away. Normally the police would be standing by to get my statement but I wasn't in the mood today, they can check the security camera and see for themselves later.

I hover off the tilted floor of the back and fly away. I fly higher and higher over Gothem City, this place is so dark and foreboding, no wonder bats loves the city so much.

"So now you're Robin Hood?" he continues in that annoyingly calm bored voice of his that makes it seem like he's talking to a child.

"I so don't want to get into this with you today," normally I'd agrue with bats for hours on end but I'm just not feeling it today.

"Good, because you're going to take that money back" he states.

I pause mid-fly.

"I can't do that," I remember the look of joy those kids had, I can't rip it away from them!

"You did it so you have to face the consciences" he says in a fatherly tone.

"I'd rather go out with Grundy" I hiss in distain.

I remove the earpiece and crush it, that's the 24th one to count. I was above Gothem Harbor and I was trying to control my breathing, I have no idea why Batman was on my case this whole week but if I flew back to the Watch Tower I can't assure no broken bones.

A beam of light catches my eye.

"What the-?" I look and spot the shining light coming from a building at the edge of the harbor. Someone was doing the old reflecting-sunlight-with-a-mirror-thing.

With a woosh I fly down over to it.

As I come closer I see a 6 foot+, blue and black suit clad body. And my heart rate instantly skyrockets.

Nightwing.