I Am NOT Superman. I Do Not *Have* A No-Kill Rule...

I flew at speeds I didn't even know I could reach.

The moment I landed on earth I took off. As if a horse finally allowed to start racing.

There was no boom tube IN or anywhere around or near Bialya, but Kahndaq was the closest available location so I took what I got and considered it a blessing. All things considered.

With only a vague image of the location I'm supposed to go to in my mind, I start scanning the perimeters of the country before going in to the edges of each one, one by one.

As soon as I was about to start giving up hope in my futile task, I started to see landscape that matches the video feed Booster had shown.

Hope bubbled up my throat.

It quickly died at what I saw next.

A rackety wood shake stood on what appeared to be the edge of a small town. The old wooden structure sat atop a small hill overgrown with moss and vines that seemed to want to swallow the house on top of it back into the earth from once it came.

Using my supervision, I see a mother of a willowly figure crouched down low with a faded blue gown clinging to a frail figure, a lighter blue shawl covering her hair.

She clutches tightly onto a little girl who, while not wailing or crying, was shaking uncontrollably as she was staring down the barrel of a semi-automatic warfare tank.

The mother feebly tried to cover the child's body with her own, facing away from the atrocities that were about to happen. Sending some kind of wishful hope that she'd manifest superpowers of her own and stop the tanks shot from completely tearing her and her daughter to shreds.

I was still to far away. At least several city blocks when.

Click!

The tank took aim.

BOOM!

It fired.

"NOOOOOO!!!"

I screech with all my might. Sending out a giant shockwave that crashes through the earth, and unseats and unnerves the men surrounding the tank (and even those within it).

I broke the speed barrier several times as I stretched my arm out to the point of breaking and tearing my skin off to reach them in time.

TINK!

I blink. Surprised.

The delightful giggle of the girl swims through her mother's ears, promoting the woman to look up at what could possibly elicit joy from her daughter at such a time.

Did she really manifest superpowers?

She looks up, pales, and then allows tears to stream down her face.

I was standing over them, arms outstretched as the only thing that held back the tanks massive bullet was one of my fingers catching it in time.

The very tip of it.

I give the woman and her awestruck daughter a warm smile.

"You're safe now." I promise them.

"WE KNEW IT!! WE KNEW YOUR FAMILY WERE DOUBLE DOUBLE CROSSERS!!!" A scrawny man peaked his head up from behind a tank and proceeded to scream his head off. "YOU AND YOUR WRETCHED FAILURE OF A HUSBAND ARE IN CAHOOTS WITH THE AMERICANS!! THIS MEANS WAR!!!"

Through the edge of my vision, I see the woman's jaw tighten and her heart rate elevate. Well, elevate even more than it already was.

Something was off here.....

My Name is Kara Zor-El....and I am SuperGirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara