Enter Miss Martian

Comfy t-shirt? Check.

Basic short? Check.

3 seasons of New Girl and a bowl of popcorn? Double check.

It’s gonna be just another night of me, TV and food. Just the way life was meant to be.

I walk around Clark’s apartment, gathering and putting everything in order. He was spending the night over at Lois’s place, big surprise there. The man can’t seem to ever leave her alone for one minute.

“It’s best he doesn’t,” I say to myself. “I have the apartment all to myself”

Some of us are going out tonight, wanna tag along? I remember Nightwing’s words from earlier that day. I chuckle at it.

“As if I would ever belong with him and his friends” I huff. I drop down on the couch and plop my bowl of popcorn next to me, “Everything I need is right here with me.” I say lovingly to the TV remote.

Knock, knock, knock, knock!

“Seriously?” I chide the door. “Nobody’s home!” I yell, settling back into the chair.

“That’s one way of telling me to get lost,” the gentle female voice replied.

“Go away!” I say. “That’s another way of me saying it,” I stuff my mouth with popcorn.

“You know this door can’t stop me” she says quietly.

I swallow.

That much was true, she could either phase through the door or unlock it with her mind. The girl was the worst to have as a friend when you want to have some alone time.

Next thing I know I see the shadow of a green skinned girl float up from the couch.

“Mother of Krypton!” I screech and toss my bowl up.

“Whoa there!” she coo’s. She throws her hand out and the bowl suspends in mid air and so did the spilt popcorn contents.

Her skin solidifies, becoming more denser and settling into the couch cushions.

M’gann M’orzz….a.k.a Megan Morse a.k.a Miss Martian.

The Martian Supreme Queen. I thought to myself.

That’s alittle too flattering is it not? M’gann’s voice projected into my head.

“Hey! Off limits!” I chide her with a wave of my finger in her face. One thing I could not get used to was another voice in my head. There’s a lot of crap you deal with when you’re a hero, but telepathy always left a weird taste-eh, feeling in your head.

“Sorry, force of habit” she says shyly.

“You’ve had years to break it,” I say hotly, “You’re just looking for an excuse to read my mind.”

“True, but there’s not much in there anyways” she says, tapping against my forehead.

I slap her hand away, “Thanks for the compliment” I say sarcastically.

I settle back into my seat and focus on the TV screen that was completely blank. I planned on a quiet night alone, no fighting, no superheroes, no nothing.

“So any reason why you’re not coming out to hang out with us tonight?” M’gann asked.

I give her the look.

“I won’t fit in” I say simply. I lean forward, picking the bowl hanging in mid air, scoop up the hanging popcorns and set it down on the table.

“Says the alien who doesn’t have green skin” M’gann says ironically.

“Exactly, alien!” I acknowledge. “As in, outsider, outcast, stranger, weirdo-”

“Not this again,” M’gann moaned.

“I’m not one of you guys, I’ll stick out like a sore thumb-whatever that means” I hate some of the sayings on earth, they make literally no sense. Sore thumbs don’t stick out, they throb painfully next to the others!

“You’re a beautiful, blond, normal looking everyday girl with a rocking hot body” M’gann says to me for the 5th time this week.

“Yeah yeah I know” I huff her compliment away. “And how many beautiful, blond girls with amazing bodies do you know that walk around that aren’t in Hollywood”

M’gann groans loudly.

“Why couldn’t I be a 5”6 size 10 brunette?” I say spitefully.

“Is that what’s considered normal?” M’gann wondered with a clueless look. She shakes her head and looks at me with a quiet smile, “What’s normal for people on Krypton?”

A blind light takes up my vision.

Flashes, fire, screams, destruction.

I gasp and hold my head.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” M’gann apologizes instantly.

I shake the image away, “You mean what was normal on Krypton” I say sadly.

“I’m sorry I brought it up, I didn’t mean-” I hold up my hand to stop her.

“It’s okay M’gann,” I smile up at her. “It’s okay, really, I’m good”

“Then come hang out with us” she insists. It makes me wonder if she didn’t plan to come back to this all along.

I scrawl, “Nightwing said he’d send me the details. He didn’t. Translation? I’m not wanted.” I say, trying desperately for an excuse.

“I am the details,” M’gann laughs, “He knew you would not come unless you were dragged, so here I am.”

I look at M’gann’s outfit, it was the one she wore during covert ops missions.

“You’re going out?....In that?” I point at her clothes with a horror stricken look.

She looks down at her outfit like it’d just occurred to her. “Oops,” she giggled.

She stands up and morphs her clothes into a knee length purple dress that hugged her body, she grew out her hair to shoulder length and made it a slightly darker tan of red, and she changed her skin color to Caucasian.

“We can apply makeup to my face while you’re changing” she says as she stands over me.

I raise an eyebrow at her, “Who said anything about me going?”

She extends her hand to me, “C’mon, let’s go get you-as the human’s say- all dolled up”

I hiss at her outstretched arm.

“Come on!” she snaps her fingers I instantly hover and suspend in mid air.

“You know this is kidnapping right?” I fold my arms as she levitates me to my room. “Making me do something against my will,”

“On Mars this means showing love” she counters.

“Please, hate me” I drawl.

“Let’s get you sexified” M’gann says excitedly.

*************************************************************

Author’s Note

Please vote and comment.

Please, please, please, please, please vote and comment.

I really need it.

Tell me exactly what you think. Is M’gann exactly what you’d thought she’d be? Or is it too much? Too fake?

Don’t forget to share when you have the time!

This story is just starting up and I plan to make it blooooooooooow!!!

Thanks guys for everything.

Love y’all lots!

~Victoria<3