Ulterior Motive (4): What Are You Waiting For?

I had about 2 to 3 minutes to complete the extraction of the sensitive information in the man I was dancing with's pocket. But he looked so nice and a small part of me felt bad about what I was about to do to him.

Would his country hang him or perform other such atrocities if he returns without the information he currently had on hand???

My thoughts swirled through my head as I struggled to maintain focus, dance rhythm, and a trusting smile.

I give him a once over one more time and found it odd how this man could be a double agent. His description and physique did not match that of the one I see in the movies on Clark's TV at all!

Using my x-ray vision for the 5th time, I zero in on his jacket pocket to 100% completely make sure I totally had seen it in there.

Yup. It's in there alright.

So were his car keys, an insurance brochure, and...a grenade.

I mentally tried my best not to freeze when I saw it, but then I look further down and saw a handgun fitted at the back of his pants too.

The man may look sweet and harmless, but he was armed to the teeth. Looking further down there seem to be several hidden blades on his body as well! What the heck???

A curved dagger was hidden in his boot and a swiss army knife shoved up his sleeve.

How was he able to dance so effortlessly all night without impaling or murdering someone???

But the heavily armed man aside, who was impressively slow dancing me by the way, I had very bigger issues to worry about.

The grenade in his pocket seemed to be tied to the letter I was supposed to swipe from him.

Fuck!

Was that why Dick wanted me to do this?

Anyone with decently sufficient pickpocketing skills could've swiped this. And I highly doubt Dick wasn't well versed and good at that.

But only someone who could actually SEE through clothing beyond just high-tech gadgetry would be able to SEE the incoming danger.

Dick did presume that swiping the info would be too easy and suspected that trickery would be afoot?

Well he was right, if that be the case. And now I had several more things to worry about instead!

I'd be clearly risking civilian lives if I swipe the letter from him.

But I'd also be risking God knows what if I failed to do so.

Dear God, what do I do!?!?

The sound of the next shift in dance partners started to play as the current song began to fade out and the next one softly ebbed in.

Shit, shit shit!

What do I do!?!?

With pure white-hot panic seizing control of my entire body...I made my move purely on instinct alone.

I used super speed to swipe the grenade into my mouth and tuck the document under my huge plump of skirt as the song ended and I was twirled to my next dance partner.

My motion of hiding the package under my skirt was sufficiently hidden by the twirl of my skirt and the fast blur motion of my super speed made everything look like an elaborate sway of my extravagant skirt to the dance.

The small string attaching the document to the grenade was severed when I lodged the explosive in my mouth and currently held it down to stop it from exploding by clamping my mouth down shut.