Not Good Enough

"No, no, no, no, no, definitely not.."

I toss the clothes on the bed, "Will you just pick one already!?"

"They all won't work," Dick replied cockily. "You're the one who asked for my help Kara, I'm merely just providing you the service you initially asked for..."

I growled in response and just emptied out the entire contents of my closet.

Dick was taking immense pleasure in shooting down every look I offered him. And I'm beginning to run out of clothes in my closet.

Which is a miracle because Clark bought me so much clothes after my "Nude in Gotham" incident I barely had room to walk around my room sometimes.

I collapse to the floor in exhaustion, "I give up, anything else I show you I'm pretty sure you're not gonna like." I huff out.

"Hmmm, your right" Dick shrugged in agreement. "Guess you'll just have to cancel your date since you have nothing suitable to wear..."

"Will you stop that!" I chide him.

He's been trying to sabotage this whole thing since I brought the idea up. I don't blame him, it does seem like a terrible idea at first glance, but deep down to me it just made so much SENSE!

I hold up a crimsony pink top and eye is for awhile. I'd be lying if I said Dick wasn't the one I wanted to go out with, but the ability to ask him just wasn't there.

Plus he did kinda shut you down before you even mustered the courage to ask him...

I shake the unwanted thought from my head. He just rejected the idea, he didn't necessarily reject me.

...did he?

"I hope you're not thinking of wear that" Dick says, pointing at the current top I'm holding. "It does not go with your hair..."

I toss the top away and let out a loud cry of frustration.

"Screw it!" I cry, jumping down on the huge pile of clothes on my bed.

"Ya! Screw this date and Jimmy!"

"I'll just go buy something new."

"With what? The nonexistent money Clark gives you?"

I squirm at the thought.

"I'll just ask him for some money then."

"To do what with? Buy clothes for one date? On his reporters salary!?" Dick laughed at me.

In an act of frustration I push down my clothes pile and watch it avalanche on top of him as he was seating on my pink bean bag next to my window.

"AAAHH!!!" He cried as he quickly became over come with jeans and crop tops.

I giggle as he struggled to get out.

"Help! Get me out! It smells of tight jeans, sugar and desperation!" He calls out as he manages to poke his head out of the pile.

I loudly and audibly gasp.

I fling myself off my bed and push myself close to him

"I DO NOT smell of desperation!!!"

"Honey, with this plan of yours you plan to go through with, you reek of it." Dick says directly to my face with a smug expression.

I growl at him.

And dunk his head back under my clothes.

"OH GOOD GOD NO! NOT AGAIN!!!"

I walk back over to my bed, now devoid of clothes, and collapse back on it.