After The Mission

Hmpfhmmm....

Adbssss....

Iuhm....

Muffled voices raged on around me, swirling uncontrollably as my senses tried to focus and come back into place.

"She deliberately..."

"....no one's fault..."

"Please..."

I achingly managed to open my eyes and the whole world was out of focus. All I could vividly make out were the colors red and blue. Which really means it could belong to any hero on planet earth beside any member of the Bat family...

I let out a slow groan and a ringing erupted within my head as all the voices around me fell silent.

Talk about a horror movie moment, I painfully think to myself.

"A..argh...l-light..." I weakly mumble as I tried to lift my hand to block the piercing rays of light that was a minor source for my headache.

Instantly something huge, dark and warm covered my eyes and I let my hands fall to my sides as I sigh in relief. I was about to be lulled back to sleep when I heard-

"You can't honestly expect to put all the blame on her, right?" The voice sounded like it belonged to Nightwing but my headache screamed otherwise.

"And who would you say is responsible for all this?" Batman-I think-answered darkly.

"It was a team effort-" I heard M'gann try to argue but got cut off by Nightwing saying,

"I was responsible." He stated ever so confidently. "I was the leader, I was incharge. Whatever accidents occur is therefore my own fault."

"Nightwing, please..." M'gann tried to reason.

"M'gann." I hear a voice like Superman's gently call. "Can you please try to read Kara's mind to see if she's fully awake?"

"I'm sorry, Superman" M'gann replied soft and sweetly. "But any type of mental link I try to establish with her now could seriously damage her mind at this point," She calmly explained.

"Besides," she continued. "I even think she's even waking up..."

As if on cue I move to give some validity to her statement. I reach up to take hold of the object that had been placed on my face, which I'd assumed was a towel, but turned out to be a hand. A very muscular one.

I tried to sit up but the world danced around me.

"Feeling better?" I hear Dick's voice say, as the first thing to come into focus for me was his gentle smile.

I reach up my other hand and hold onto my forehead as a sharp pain went through it and I grunt in retaliation.

"Easy now," Clark said as he raced forward to give me a surface to rest my aching head on, that surface being his chest. Hey! I'm not complaining, it's sturdy and at the moment isn't spinning into a black hole.

"You suffered a direct hit of powered kryptonite disguised as a tank bullet. Once you inhaled it, it attacked your nervous system and tried to cause some serious damage" Clark explained.

"But luckily your sacrifice saved the bioship and allowed us to escape!" M'gann interjected excitedly. Such a pure sweet soul, too bad I'd already heard what Batman had said earlier.

I peek to my side and catch a glimpse of the man in questions unreadable expression. I quickly avert my gaze and glanced down at my hand...which had evidently been holding onto Nightwing's this entire time!?