My Fight With Dick

I did not wait to see Nightwing's reaction, but I damn well heard his blood pressure spike suddenly.

I make my way to walk down and out from the roof, Superman and Lex Luthor were exchanging conversation in the background but I was too far uninterested and exhausted to care what they were saying.

Before I reach the exit door that leads off the roof, my attention was called.

"Farewell, Miss Zor-El... I mean-Miss Kent. We shall meet again soon," Lex says.

I smile meekly at him and wave back, "Bye," I simply say and turn to walk off.

I make my way down the winding steps till I reach the floor of Clark's apartment.

I then realize that I was not in possession of a key to said apartment, so I had to wait for the others to arrive, which wasn't very long.

Dick storms down the stairs, walks past me, grabs onto my hand and drags me behind him.

I see him shove open the door which I had not even known was open all along and I am still dragged behind him all across the living room and straight to my room.

"Go easy on her Grayson," I hear Superman call.

I gave Kal a bewildered look.

"YOU are my guardian, shouldn't I be getting this lecture from you!?"

"Let's just say all my fears melted away once I saw you safely return, so for now he is the only one that's going to be able to deliver the stern talking to you that you deserve...for now."

"Fucking great..." I mummer under my breath.

"Language!" Kal chide.

Then Dick fully yanks me into my room and slams the door behind me, giving us full semi-privacy.

My walls were reinforced with steel and lead lining that stopped Superman from ever unintentionally spying or eavesdropping on me, but at the same time, if he focused hard enough he could hear any conversation I was having in my room with his super hearing.

"What were you thinking!?" Dick yells at me.

I took a step back, fully shocked at his actions.

"Don't yell at me!" I fire back, the only comeback I was able to say.

"Are you out of your sweet demented Kryptonian mind!???" He says next, even more harshly.

"Again, please stop raising your voice at me!" I counter.

"Do you have any idea who you just spent the entire night with!?!?"

He clearly seemed to not be listening to me and was only focused on saying what was on his mind at the moment, so I resolved to keep silent and just let him say all that was pent up inside of him.

"The man that you just so casually claimed to have dinner with is not only a supervillain with a mind so twisted that not even your advanced alien race could comprehend, but also was responsible for the attack that took place on the night you first met the gang at that club!"

I felt my heart sink as I remembered that.

"Oh, sweet little princess forgot about that, didn't she?" Dick mocked.

My eyes snap back up at him with a deadly glare, "There is no need to be mean."

"Oh mean? You know what's mean? Taking off on your friends without a word and then going off the grid for a solid 12 hours, an entire evening and night mind you, without so much as a call or text or anything!"