Going Up Against Batman & The Gang!?

The Boom Tube had barely finished materializing my atoms back into place as I storm down the pristine silver halls of the watch tower on my way to the information reconnaissance room.

But unfortunately, Dick and Megan were being atomized right behind me hot on my heels.

"Kara, just WAIT!" Dick tried to call me back.

"We need to think things through!" Megan threw in her own unneeded pleas.

"No." I forcefully cut through all their arguments. "What we NEED to do is-"

I bring up the holographic screens of the info room.

"Is to save the lives of the family I just unknowingly endangered." I fired back.

"Good luck getting into the system," Dick snarkily says under his breath. "Our Anti-Hacking System is razor sharp and tight."

I swiftly key in the password that Superman gave me.

Dick's mouth had barely hit the floor by the time I was sifting through the files of the man I'd stolen top secret files from days before.

And who's death I was probably responsible for.

I steeled my mind against that fact.

Andrew Tartakovsky.
DECEASED

His name with the bold red words "DEAD" flashed across his face.

I didn't want to resort to excuses like they were the bad guy, the enemy, and they deserved it. I didn't want to think like that.

What's done is done. He's dead.

Nothing I can do about it.

But these new people who are currently in danger I CAN do something about.

I swiped left on Andrew's file report and landed on another one with the image of two pictures on it.

He had a wife and a small daughter.

Andrea Tartakovsky
ALIVE

Runehilda Tartakovsky
ALIVE

But there was more info on their respective files.

Current State: ENDANGERED

My heart twisted in my chest and all the moisture disappeared from my throat.

I twisted away from the computer as I memorized their address and headed for the door.

"I have to help them-" I begin to say, but swiftly get cut off my Dick's hand firmly grabbing onto my shoulders.

"Kara, listen. I want to save them as much as you. Believe me. But the situation is just too complicated." He pleaded, desperately trying to make me see reason.

But I saw none.

"Get out of my way." I dangerously hiss to him in a low voice.

He slightly flinches at the glare I pinned him down with. But to his credit, he still stood firm and refused to budge.

Unlucky for him, I'm willing to throw him out of the way if it comes to that.

"Just please listen! You don't understa-"

Dicks words were cut off with a sharp: