Memory 4: Immortal Man

As the bullet shells hit the floor, the trio notice that Izaru still remained, as if he wasn't hit at all. This man's endurance was clearly comparable to that of Dante's Nemean Lion skin!

Yosuke slowly walked up to Izaru, pulling out chains wrapped around his arms. Izaru yelled and ran towards Yosuke, swinging around the street sign in an attempt to hit him. However, Yosuke unraveled his chains and threw them at Izaru, the chains instantly wrapping around the street sign. He then moved his arm to throw the street sign out of Izaru's hands, crashing into a wall.

Regardless of his sudden disarmament, Izaru still charged forth, swinging punches at Yosuke. However, Yosuke had dodged each and every attack, as if he knew what was coming!

"I didn't know Yosuke was so talented in reading the opponent..." mumbled Minny, in awe of the fight.

"He's not," replied Exodus, staring closely at the fight in a serious tone.

"That's a little rude.. He's clearly doing well enough to hold off against that guy!"

"That's because of his Magia: Chain Magia."

"Chain... Magia?"

"You should already know that I'm shit at studying anything other than math. So, I'll be explaining his Magia: A Magia that delves into the laws of mathematics. His Chain Magia specializes in the term 'Quantum Mechanics,' the mathematical description for the interaction of subatomic particles."

"I don't understand..."

"Just know that Yosuke has three chains: one connected to his right arm, one connected to his left, and one connected from his body to his brain. Each chain does a different action based on quantum mechanics.

Yosuke's left arm deals with Entropy, the degree of disorder in the conversion of energy. With it, he can seemingly heal people out of nothing. A left arm blessed by god.

Yosuke's right arm deals with Quantum Entanglement, a physical phenomenon in which a group of particles interact or share spatial proximity with each other. Basically, he could use it to mimic an opponent's actions and their health. However, if the opponent is injured, so would Yosuke."

"And the final?"

"That would be what makes him immortal: Quantum Immortality."

"Can you explain it to me easily this time?" asked Minny, clearly confused about this high-leveled Magia.

"Say that there is a gun pointing at Yosuke's head," said Exodus, giving an example from the airport earlier, "When the gun's trigger is pulled, the timeline separates into two branches: a timeline where the bullet kills Yosuke, or a timeline where the gun is jammed. What quantum immortality does is purposefully shift Yosuke into that timeline where the gun is jammed, saving him from death."

"So that means..." concluded Minny, looking at the fight.

"Yes. Every single punch that the Izaru guy throws could instantly kill him. His Chain Magia is purposefully saving him by making him dodge, purposefully shifting him into timelines where he is saved."

"If there's multiple timelines, then how can we be so sure that this is the timeline that he gets saved every time?"

"I don't know that myself..." maybe one of these days we'll truly see if the immortal man really is immortal... lest we find ourselves on the wrong side of the timeline and watch the quantum mechanics of his lifetime unravel before our eyes."

As Exodus muttered those ominous words, Izaru and Yosuke kept fighting. It was almost a stalemate, with Yosuke's barrage of chain whips, slashing at Izaru. However, Izaru had tough skin made out of Titanium Chromium, one of the toughest metals out there. There was no use of either of them fighting.

Crash!

A single chain whip sent Izaru flying into a ramen store, breaking the windows. Izaru quickly stood up and grabbed a bowl, throwing it at Yosuke, who had dodged the bowl and kept attacking, jumping over the window frame to get closer and closer with his whip-like chains.

"I'm not giving up today, Yosuke!" yelled Izaru, finally grabbing one of the chains from the air and pulling Yosuke in.

He charged up a fist and swung at the flailing Yosuke, who had barely ducked to prevent impact and crashing into Izaru's chest. The two crashed into a table, breaking it in half as Yosuke jumped away from Izaru, his head bleeding.

Bang bang!

There were bullet holes carved into the floor, separating both Yosuke and Izaru. In the middle was Exodus, with Minny hiding behind her.

"Now I don't care who you are, but we're on a mission here that can't be interrupted," glared Exodus, "We need to get to our apartment first, then you two can fight all you want."

"And who the hell are you?" yelled Izaru in disagreement.

Bang bang!

Suddenly, there was a hole in Izaru's leg. He fell to the ground and yelled in agony, holding his leg.

"I am one of the Boss' personal bodyguards of Proiettilo, as well as the only person apart from the Boss who knows about Rotation," replied Exodus coldly, tossing the notebook into Yosuke's hands, "I don't care how tough your skin is. My Rotation pierces through all types of Magia.

Including yours, Immortal Man."

"My apologies," wrote Yosuke as he straightened his outfit, walking towards a direction, the trio following him, "Let's head to your apartment."

"I'm not through with you!" yelled Izaru in the distance, "I'll kill you!"

The bus ride was long and tedious. In the backseat was a pregnant woman cockily bragging about how she had used her husband's wealth for her own personal wants. Minny wasn't too fond of people taking advantage of others, and made weird faces at the pregnant woman when she thought the woman wasn't looking.

Soon, the bus came to a stop. Yosuke, Exodus, and Minny boarded off the bus and looked at the apartment complex before them. It seemed like any normal apartment, but Yosuke made sure it was comfortable for the two.