Memory 11: Unwanted Guests

Up until this point, Minny had only been experimenting with her Ice Magia, creating tiny fractals of ice from drinks. What had just happened was purely out of instinct, as if her previous memories were trying to save her.

However, compared to her previous self, Minny was improving faster than she had been. Unlike old Minny, who could only create ice by contact, Minny was going another route, creating ice without contact. She was trying her best to conduct the air, freezing it that upon contact with liquid, it would instantly freeze.

"Bullets!" yelled Exodus, "Let's find this guy! Don't move, Minny."

Exodus held up her revolver and shot at two different angles within the back room. These were carefully shot at to inspect all the areas of the back room, trying to find out where the person was. It wasn't as if Exodus were commanding the bullets and they would do their bidding for her; She would do all the calculations herself. When the bullets would get slower, plates would appear in the air for it to bounce off of and regain momentum.

That's when Minny noticed a bullet heading straight for her! That's when a plate appeared right in front of her face, facing a certain angle to bounce the bullet away from her. At this moment, Exodus was calculating where exactly the bullets would be at all times, creating new information on location and trajectory every millisecond and removing any unnecessary information. This all took place in less than three seconds. If anyone could control this high level Magia, it would be Exodus, and Minny trusted her.

Splchrk!

"It wasn't a direct hit," said Exodus as she laid out her palm in the air, a bullet landing gracefully on it without force, "He's by the cabinets."

That's when the waiter stood out from the cabinet, knowing fully well he was discovered.

"Bullet Magia, isn't it..?" asked the waiter, "You really are involved with that guy. Just leave me alone already."

More water burst from the sinks, shooting at Exodus and Minny. They both got down, remembering their training, hiding behind the counters as they'd slowly moving closer and closer to the opponent. Here and there, the water spouts would stop in place near the counters and drop down with enough force that it would crack the floors. This was a powerful stream of water that he could manipulate, but it did give useful information: He didn't know exactly where they were.

Exodus stood up instantly and shot at the waiter, who instinctively pulled up water to guard himself. In this split second, Exodus was confused on why the waiter would guard himself with simple water that a bullet could pass through? She wasn't taking any chances on guessing his Magia, so a plate had appeared, changing the trajectory of the bullet to bounce off, creating another plate to hit from a different angle. Yet, even with the speed of the bullet, another water guard rose up to protect him!

"This waiter's Magia is so trained that it works subconsciously to protect him!" thought Exodus.

As the bullet touched the water, it stopped in its tracks, deflecting it off. It wasn't that the water stopped it, but the water had turned into a solid! The bullet couldn't pierce it.

"Nothing falls short to Rotation," said Exodus, shooting two bullets in the air, "Rotation goes through everything!"

A bullet flew through the air, shooting towards the waiter, who instantly pulled up water once more. This time, the other bullet that Exodus shot skimmed over the first bullet, causing the bullet to rotate with enough speed to cause Rotation.

As the water turned solid, the bullet pierced through it, rotating as it dug deep into the solid. Yet, it stopped in its tracks! Not even Rotation could go through it.

"It's not just that I can transform liquids into solids, and solids into liquids," said the waiter, "But I can change up the density of said solids as well. It can be as dense as the hardest metal in Earth, so it'll be almost impossible to pierce it!"

The waiter was right. Up until this point, Exodus has been using Rotation to bypass any supernatural guards that prevent her from hitting her target with a normal bullet. However, all of those targets have always been some form of thin layer, unlike this huge dense solid that the waiter had created. She had no way to actually pierce this defense!

"Okay!" whispered Minny, "I think I'm ready, Exodus! Please try again!"

The waiter took note of this.

Exodus had trusted Minny, shooting two bullets from her gun again. It was almost the same practice that she had made before, spinning the bullet with another to cause a Rotation.

That's when the waiter pulled up a flood of water from the sinks, guarding him from all sides to prevent any funny business from happening. This was the absolute defense that he could've made!

However, before he could even transform the water into a solid, they transformed into ice! Minny had transformed the water into ice! This sudden transformation stopped the waiter from focusing, seeing that he couldn't quickly transform the ice back into a liquid and back into a dense solid!

The bullet pierced through the ice, shattering the ultimate defense and hitting the waiter in the leg. It was a total success!

"Thanks, Minny!" smiled Exodus in triumph, "Now let's find out what this guy knows about Yosuke!"