Memory 22: God is Sleeping

"Well, I simply just—"

Yet, before Kaminaro could finish his reply, he was shot in the stomach.

Bang bang!

A Rotation shot. Exodus had fired the two bullets from her revolver to hit him. Kaminaro knew that this was bullet was different. It was more dangerous as his dead cells were slow on repairing the wound. He knew that this Exodus girl had a key to defeat him.

"Shit..." thought Exodus, shakily rising her revolver up again, "I'm getting traumatized from all this.. I can't even shoot right. I can't afford to mess this up!"

Bang bang!

But before the bullets would pass through the plague cells, they had reformed and closed shut. Now, instead of cells, it was just a giant swampy concrete wall. If Yosuke or Exodus were to touch it, they'd end up in the same fate as the corpses before them.

"Shit..." mumbled Exodus as she kept firing Rotation shots into it, "I break through the plague but.. they keep reforming faster than I can shoot a decent sized hole for us to fit through! My reload speed isn't helping at all either..."

"We need to enter another way through the alleyway," wrote Yosuke on his notepad, "Quickly, before Minny ends up worse than what we've just seen."

Exodus nodded and followed Yosuke through the dark corridors.

"So now..." smiled Kaminaro deviously, "It's just you and me."

Minny glared at him, standing her ground despite how nervous she was. She recalled back to the abilities that she had witnessed from Kaminaro, as well as the autopsies from the hospital. She began to shudder at the corpses by Kaminaro and the pain that they went through.

"Now, I'd like to finish this up quickly," announced Kaminaro, pointing at his watch, "I'd like to kill you, escape, then change up my identity and credentials if I could. I don't really plan on leaving Akihabara, but I would want those two out of my tail."

"You're not getting past m—"

Minny instinctively dodged the goop that had flown past her face. She looked back to see what it was, but dodged again from another goop.

"Interesting reactions," said Kaminaro, analyzing Minny curiously, "I had planned on using those as a secret move, not showing anyone that my moves can be used as projectiles... but you managed to dodge them without thinking!

How did you figure out that I could suck up material from the ground and throw it towards opponents to transfer the plague? More importantly, how did you dodge so fast for projectiles that are faster than a horse?"

Minny didn't respond back. If Christ hadn't taught her to use this reactive mechanism back then, she'd be dead by now. The chill down her spine was spiking up like crazy. She even began to shiver by the sheer aura that Kaminaro was giving off.

Nonetheless, she began to whisper, "Shiroiyuki."

Soon, her hand has enveloped in ice, moving towards the center and creating a spear made out of pure ice, the bright sun reflecting off of it through the dark alleyway.

"A spear made out of ice?" smiled Kaminaro, amused, "Out of all the Magia I've seen, I haven't seen an elemental Magia before. Did you know that elemental Magia, Magia that manipulated the elements, are the most powerful Magia? It's because of their flexibility that could cause them to have great potential.

Similarly, my Plague Magia is also pretty powerful, considering that like elements, it's natural. Only thing is, that it causes death wherever it goes!"

A circle of muddy concrete had appeared around Minny! The conversation was a trap! She tried to jump out but it was too late: The concrete had already risen up, towering over her before finally engulfing her in the circle, feeding on her corpse.

"With that done," said Kaminaro, turning away and walking down the alleyway, "I'll make my leav—"

Tchk!

There was a spear lodged through his chest, already melting away to hide any evidence. As he reformed the hole in his body, he looked back to find out how Minny had survived. She was just standing there as if the plague trap hadn't existed!

"Ice kills bacteria at a certain temperature," said Minny as she appeared right before Kaminaro, "And can even halt the spread of disease."

Minny had quickly shifted another ice spear in her hand, shoving it right through Kaminaro's jaw before pulling it out and stabbing Kaminaro multiple times in the chest. Kaminaro, in awe, stumbled backwards as he desperately tried to reform himself. He began to think:

"There's no way I can beat this person. She's.. like a direct counter! Her ice completely stops my Plague Magia! What kind of unlucky situation did I get myself into?"

Kaminaro quickly shifted a concrete wall, rising up to separate him and Minny so that he could make a run for it. However, Minny simply plunged her Shiroiyuki right into the wall, tearing it across so that she could leap in. If any of the plague had touched her, they'd die instantly from the cold environment that surrounded her skin.

Wall after wall, attack after attack... it all seemed useless as Minny kept closing the distance with her ice spear. Soon, Kaminaro had stopped in his tracks, reaching for something in his pocket. Minny stopped as well, hesitant to approach. What was this? A last resort!?

Kaminaro soon raised his hands in the air, revealing that he had an orb in his hand.

"What is that...?" thought Minny, thinking back to Persona's case files, "That looks awfully like a Magia Orb..."

"I can't move...?" yelled Kaminaro in confusion.

"Quantum entanglement," announced Exodus, pointing her revolver from behind Kaminaro, "Yosuke's ability to have the opponent or himself mimic each other at the cost of sharing a life. That's why I'm not shooting you as it would hurt Yosuke too. However, we are going to take advantage of your immobility to turn you in."

She was right. Minny noticed that Yosuke was behind Exodus, raising his hands in the air and mimicking Kaminaro's body. It was over for Kaminaro. Until....

Crack!

"What?" yelled Exodus in confusion, backing away as she noticed that Kaminaro had dropped something, "He had something in his hand? What was that?"

End my life... the Magia Orb seemingly spoke.