Memory 33: Assault

"Anyone make a sudden move and I'll blow her brains out," said the thug, pointing a gun at Tomiko.

Tomiko looked disappointed. She thought that she could handle the situation with her Calming Magia, but it seems that she was too inexperienced. Her abilities weren't enough to subdue the hostage taker.

"Now, give me back the money you scammed from me!" yelled the man.

Tomiko turned her eyes to Kaminaro, who was staring right at the man. She tried to figure out a way to tell Kaminaro not to interfere, but she knew that it was useless. Kaminaro was told to protect the CEO and the CEO's assistant. Within the past few days, he'd been used to this job just so that he could blend in. As a bodyguard, it was his duty and his job to keep Tomiko safe. For once, he'd have to use his Magia not to destroy, but to protect.

Wthack!

Tomiko was now out of danger. The man was kicked back outside.

"What was that speed?" thought Tomiko, "Almost as if Yotsu was trying to escape something!"

"He probably won't be backing down without a fight," said Kaminaro, turning to Tomiko, "Under any circumstances, don't let anyone leave the building."

"Got it," Tomiko hesitantly agreed as Kaminaro walked out of the building.

"Get up," said Kaminaro as he walked by the building's alleyway.

"Don't tell me anything!" yelled the thug as he extended his hand, shooting out a pressure of air to knock Kaminaro off the ground.

As Kaminaro fell, he realized that his enemy wouldn't come unprepared. He had a Magia of his own!

"I'll kill you here," mumbled the thug, "Do you know a little thing about elemental Magia?"

Kaminaro stood up slowly, wiping away the blood from his now fragile skin. He hadn't fought since the Proiettilo gang encounter. Had all the chores that Tomiko had given him weakened him?

"Elemental Magia stands at the top of all Magia," the thug explained, "This is due to how flexible they are and how easily manipulative they are. If I recall, electricity had to be the most powerful out of all the elemental Magia. You're lucky I'm not an Electricity Magia user. In fact, you're pretty unlucky too: I'm a Wind Magia user, the second strongest."

"Strong and weak, weak and strong," mumbled Kaminaro, "I'm pretty damn tired of  categorization. Up until a few days ago, I thought I was the strongest. Strength is subjective. I don't care what kind of Magia you have. I'll take you down if I have to."

"Then shut up and die!"

The thug clapped his hands together, creating a shockwave that rippled through the air and tore into Kaminaro's suit. The wind was strong and he couldn't even see it! The danger behind Wind Magia is that the wind can't be seen well. As such, it's troubling for Magia users to even detect the attacks.

Each wind blast was almost like an air bullet, ripping into Kaminaro and tearing him up. He knew that if he were to take more shots from this, he'd pass out. The thug continued with his rapid shots of wind, unrelenting and not letting Kaminaro catch a breath.

Kaminaro then felt a sharp pain in his spine, just like from back then. If he couldn't react to the wind blasts, he could very well die here! Kaminaro removed his gloves, the brownish smoke lingering from his rotting fingers. The plague began to spread through the air, almost slightly visible in this dark alleyway. It was then that almost everything had slowed down for Kaminaro.

As the air bullets shot at him, at the moment they touched the plague, it was as if Kaminaro could sense the air bullet heading towards him. He moves his head accordingly to dodge the air bullet, saving him from death. Kaminaro walked slowly, dodging each of the air bullets that came into contact with his plague.

Before the thug could realize it, Kaminaro was already in front of him.

"H-how?" exclaimed the thug, staring death in the face, "You were just walking slowly towards me!"

"That's what your memories tell you," replied Kaminaro as he smiled, gripping the man's mouth and covering it, "My memories tell a different story.. not that you'd remember it anyway."

The thug screamed in pain as his face began to rot away, similar to how the Plague Magia worked before. His eyes slowly began to bulge up and pop, blood leaking out of the eye holes as the skin began to disintegrate into dead flesh. His hair fell out and even his skull began to crumble into tiny pieces. There was almost nothing left of the man's head, and soon, the rest of his bloating body. This Awakened Plague Magia was truly a powerful ability.

"If only there were some memories that I could erase myself."