Memory 9: Break Room

"And so that's what happened..." finished Minny as Yosuke wrapped his chains around Exodus' wounds, healing her of her injuries.

"You two clearly need to find out about Akihabara's culture before you can truly participate in this mission," wrote Yosuke, "Attracting too much attention can lead you to instant death. You'll really have to work in the shadows if you're to survive."

"Understood, sir," said Minny as she bowed her head down shamefully, "That goes for you too Exodus.."

"Yeah, yeah," grumbled Exodus, chewing on some gum, "Then what do you suppose we should do, wise guy?"

Yosuke began to write again, "Take a breather and experience some of Akihabara's culture. Have a stroll around the town."

"Are you sure we should be going through here, Exodus?" asked Minny, pointing to the arcade.

"Well, Yosuke did tell us to explore the town," smiled Exodus, "And I don't plan on going shopping. Not with how high the pricing for the merchandise in this town is."

Minny and Exodus began to head into the arcade, playing games that had interested them. The arcade machines were stacked together in a tight comfortable spot as the arcade room glowed brightly with flashing lights. It was like they had jumped back in time for a retro experience.

"What are we even doing here..?" asked Minny in guilt, "For all we know the Magia user could be plotting on how to get his next victim by now."

"Well, just like Yosuke said," replied Exodus, talking as she was playing the arcade machine, fighting against an NPC, "We've been thrown into a mission where we don't know our surroundings, it's culture, and we barely know anything about our Magia user either.

To rush in like I did would've been bad. Maaaaaan, I've really lost it. The most important rule before planning an assassination is gathering intel. If you don't have any knowledge, then you're just going to end up dying in battle, no matter how strong you may be."

"Alright. Duly noted."

Exodus noticed that Minny was nervously staring at the arcade machine. She quickly finished up her fight, and turned to Minny.

"Let's do a coin toss," said Exodus, holding up a coin, "The probability of a coin landing on heads or tails are 50/50. You don't seem to be enjoying the arcade much, so I'll be a little generous and give you a chance at picking something else. If I win, we stay at arcade. If you win, we can go somewhere else."

"Alright, that seems fair enough," muttered Minny, choosing heads for her option.

Exodus flipped the coin.

"Heads. You got lucky this round."

Exodus flipped the coin once more.

"Heads again. I've got high hopes from you."

This time, Minny wanted to flip the coin.

"Heads again."

Flip.

"Heads."

Flip.

"Heads."

Exodus took the coin from Minny's hands and flipped the coin.

"Heads. Probability is laughing at us. Let me try again."

Exodus flipped the coin once more.

"Heads."

Another flip.

"Heads."

Another.

"Heads."

And a final flip.

"Heads."

Minny looked at the coin and at Exodus, who was scratching her head.

"Ten heads in a row," said Exodus, "It's funny how life works like that. It's as if fate is mocking us and is progressing us throughout some story with a narrative. Don't you think?"

"Yeah. Aren't you mad things didn't go well in your favor?" asked Minny in concern.

"I don't blame it on the coin, or if there were any cheats involved. In the end, flipping a coin is based on luck. I was simply unlucky this round, and it's childish to throw a tantrum over it."

"Sometimes you're a little mature, Exodus."

"What do you mean? I'm always mature."

"Never mind then."

"Oi. Pick on where to go. I'm dying of boredom here and I can't just sit around and play games when a friend of mine is getting all nervous. You need to loosen up while we prepare ourselves for this mission."

Minny looked around from outside the arcade. She had noticed that Akihabara really did have lots of outlets and stores where people could shop at or take breaks in. However, after a few minutes of looking around through the town, she had gotten to the conclusion of this one coffee shop labeled: Koneko Koffee.

"A coffee shop?" asked Exodus, "We abandoned the arcade for a coffee shop?"

"I feel like it's a good change of pace for us. It'll help jumpstart our day too!" smiled Minny, nodding as if her slight gestures could influence Exodus.

Exodus sighed, "Fine. Let's head over to your coffee shop. They better have some good coffee."

Minny jumped in joy and happily held Exodus' hand, pulling her in closer to the quiet coffee shop where they could take their order.