Memory 35: Pop Goes the Weasel

"This is the place?" asked Michael, looking around in concern, "It seems like another dark alleyway..."

"This is it," wrote Yosuke, "My Quantum Entanglement picked up a Magia user near these parts."

"Sounds easy enough," said Weaith as he began walking into the alleyway, "It's a tight space, but with my Dimensional Focus I'm inclined to hopefully see anything that would cause us any trouble."

Brmrmrmrmrmmrm!

"What the?" exclaimed Michael, hanging steady to a pole, "An earthquake!?"

"I didn't think that a Magia user would be this powerful!" wrote Yosuke rapidly.

"Leave this place if you value your lives!" boomed a voice.

"As if!" yelled Wraith back.

"Don't yell 'as if' as if you have any decent defensive Magia to protect yourself!" yelled Michael at Wraith.

"You'll suffer defeat at the hands of me: Yoko Faizuki, the master of Magia!"

"I've had enough of this man's arrogant attitude," scoffed Wraith.

"Aren't you the one being arrogant here!?" exclaimed Michael once again.

"Dimensional Focus Magia," announced Wraith, pointing at some locations, "Michael, I want you to shoot some water at these three locations: The boxes behind the balcony, the left side of the follow alleyway, and the right side adjacent to the alleyway.

These are the most likely locations where this Magia user could be based on the dimensions I see."

"I'm a little afraid an earthquake could kill me," thought Michael to himself, "But if Wraith sees no problem, then I can fight with no regret!"

Michael shot out a burst of water behind the balcony. A splash was heard but no actual indicator that there was someone behind the boxes. Michael tried to go for the left alleyway.

Splash!

"Gah!"

"There!" exclaimed Michael, "He should be stunned down, rush in!"

Michael, Wraith, and Yosuke rushed into the alleyway, turning the corner to find..

Nothing.

"But.. I could've sworn I heard someone get hit by my water here!" exclaimed Michael.

"You fools!" laughed Yoko, "You wouldn't think I'd be prepared with my Magia? You can't see anything from it!"

"Earthquakes...? Seemingly teleporting...?" thought Yosuke, "What is this guy's Magia? How is it so powerful?"

"Do you not understand that it's over for you now? Run."

Yosuke, Michael, and Wraith turned around to find Yoko Faizuki, a man with a purple vest and yellow jeans. He had an eyepatch and a scar running down through it. His black hair was gelled up, and he had a ferocious manner to him. In his hand was a pistol, focused right at Yosuke.

"Heh," snickered Michael, "This guy doesn't know that Yosuke has Quantum Immortality. The gun would just jam once he fires it."

However, Michael noticed that Wraith was sweating. What did he see?

"This guy.. I don't know how.." mumbled Wraith, "But he's found a way to bypass the Quantum Immortality Yosuke holds!"

"What?" whispered Michael, "What do you mean?"

"In every dimension I've been seeing," said Wraith, "He definitely fires the gun! And it's not like it's blanks either! I can even see the bullet in the barrel right now! Usually the gun would just jam right..? Because of Yosuke's Quantum Immortality? In this situation... it doesn't! He definitely fires the gun!"

A lot of thoughts began to go through Michael's head right now: What was this guy's Magia? How could he have such a powerful Magia as an earthquake? He was clearly hit by my Magia, but why is he not wet right now? Is he so confident that he will just straight up shoot Yosuke? How is he able to bypass the Quantum Immortality?

Are these my last moments alive?

"I've warned you!" yelled Yoko, his finger resting on the trigger, "It's over!"

"Wait!" yelled Wraith.

Bang!

Michael slowly opened his eyes. He found Wraith in front of Yosuke, and Yoko still aiming his gun at them. It seemed that he had fired the gun. However, Yosuke collapsed on the ground.

"I... didn't get hit," said Wraith, his nervousness disappearance, "I didn't get hit at all.."

"Just what happened?" wrote Yosuke.

Yoko's lips began to tremble, "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!"

"Haaaaaah?" yelled Michael in confusion.

"Please forgive me, please forgive me, please forgive meeeeee!"

"Hey, hey!" yelled Wraith, pulling on Yoko's collar, "What just happened here?"

"My Magia is Pop Magia..." trembled the scared Yoko, "It can make sounds from anywhere I want them to!"

"You mean..." mumbled Michael.

The earthquake was just the sound of an earthquake, a sound so powerful that it seemingly shook the echoing alleyway. The sound of splashing and him getting hit was just him recreating being hit. The gun fire was just the sound of a gunshot... he didn't intend to fire the gun at all!

"You mean every thing were just sounds!?" yelled Michael, hitting Yoko repeatedly over and over with his water.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!!" yelled Yoko in pain.

Yosuke sighed before writing, "Yoko Faizuki - Useless."