Memory 30: Clowning Around

Christ was in a locked stare down with another bearded man across the street. Michael and Wraith were nearby Christ, looking at him in an odd way.

"Do.. you know this guy, Christ?" asked Michael in curiosity.

"Know him?" scoffed Christ, stroking his beard, "He's my rival, Dexter Magius! Are you sure he's the Magia user that we've been assigned to by Yosuke?"

"Of course it is," commented Wraith as he spat on the ground, "He even wrote it out for us."

"Hey geezer!" yelled Dexter from across the street, "What are you doing showing your face on my turf?"

"Who are you calling geezer?" yelled Christ back, "You don't know my age! You're the damn geezer here!"

Dexter looked to be about the same age as Christ's physical form, minus the mustache and sporting some glasses. His attire was the traditional magicians outfit, but there were green stains on his pant leg which no one seemed to know where it came from.

"Let's go," grumbled Christ, walking away, "This guy doesn't have any powers to track the murderer down. So let's just—"

Suddenly, the trio noticed that everything had turned gigantic. The cars felt like planes and the concrete that was once below them felt like a huge desert.

"You think I'm gonna let you go without a duel?" thundered Dexter from across the street, "Come get some!"

"He shrank us!" exclaimed Michael, "What are we gonna do?"

"We'll have to take him down on our own then," said Wraith, "Come on, let's head across the street. Michael, use the loogie I spat out earlier as a source of water to help us maneuver across."

Michael shuddered before moving his hands fo create a flow of water from Wraith's spit, converting the surface into a solid for the trio to stand on. The wave of water then led the group, passing through the driving cars that felt like giant asteroids.

Upon arriving to the other side of the pavement, Dexter was ready. He touched a piece of sweat from his face and held it up, transforming it into a gigantic sweat drop, drooping down and splashing on the pavement.

"Go ahead and drown for me!" Dexter laughed.

Citizens passing by covered their children's eyes and hastily walked away with a disgusted look on their face.

"Thanks for the heads up, Wraith," said Michael, who manipulated the sweat not to hit them.

Wraith had the possibility of seeing things happen from five different dimensions. One of them included Dexter's plan of drowning the trio in his own sweat. That's why Wraith told Michael beforehand to ensure their safety.

"In one dimension!" focused Wraith, "Christ transformed into a huge gorilla and smacked Dexter in the face!"

Christ stared at Wraith.

"What?"

"Sorry.. I haven't seen a huge gorilla before..."

"Ah.. must've been another dimension then.."

Thwack!

The three were kicked by Dexter into the road, causing them to return to their original size. However, Christ had teleported them out back onto the pavement just in time so that they wouldn't get hit.

"I can only teleport things for so long," mentioned Christ, "We'll need to finish this."

"Not when your clothes will be the ones to kill you," smiled Dexter, "This is my last resort to my ability. I wouldn't want to end my battles this way, but if I have to, then I certainly—"

However, just as he was about to shrink their clothes, Wraith had ran up and punched Dexter to the ground, knocking him unconscious.

Michael stared at Dexter's unconscious body, looked at Wraith, and then looked at Dexter's unconscious body again. Christ looked into the distant city streets, smiling proudly.

"You did a well job, Wraith," smiled Christ, "I'm really proud of you."

"Don't act like this was a good job at all!" yelled Michael in confusion.

"I did what I had to do," said Wraith with a concerned look on his face, staring at the ground and bowing his head shamefully.

"Don't act like what you did was so serious!" yelled Michael again.

"Well that settles it for this Magia user," said Christ.

"It was seriously tiring," commented Wraith, "Are magicians always like this?"

"Dexter has many things to learn, but I think that he can provide a valuable help to our team in some other way than finding out our murderer."

"Are we gonna act like we didn't just assault an old man?" asked Michael.

"On to the next," said Wraith as he walked alongside Christ.