Memory 43: Bangtan

The ground by Minny began to rumble. She ran to the other side as the ground burst out, letting a geyser of smoke to appear. Minny noticed that Kaminaro yet again was keeping distance by projecting the smoke through the ground, breaking the ground down due to the plague and creating tunnels to emit geysers.

"He's truly gotten the better hang of his Magia than how Exodus last saw him," thought Minny, "It's really tedious how I have to take him down without getting touched with this Plague."

Zwoomph zwoomph zwoomph!

Kaminaro shot more ranged Plague at Minny, who had dodged them. However, there was another ball of smoke that was launched at Minny just trailing behind the other Plague. This ball of smoke was different, intentionally created not to emit any sound when being shot at in order to catch Minny off guard. Ice fractals suddenly formed in the air, blocking the Plague from hitting her.

Minny's Ice Magia had also awakened, subconsciously protecting her from any danger with her ice that had formed from the water vapor in the air. Minny knew that she couldn't just keep evading attacks and that she had to actually deal damage. She rushed in, holding out her Shiroiyuki and using it to jab at Kaminaro, her spear being longer than the range of Kaminaro's Plague defense. The ice spear would not disintegrate in the Plague, but would rather freeze and kill the living Plague that was within.

Tchk tchk tchk!

Due to his injuries, it was harder for Kaminaro to evade Minny's fast attacks. He was in no condition to fight a second time, so he had divided up his Plague, emitting geysers from behind Minny to trap her within his fighting range. Kaminaro continued with his onslaught of plague, shooting off small Plague bullets that were faster than his usual projectiles.

Despite that however, the ice would continually provide Minny with defense. Kaminaro then went for his technique:

"Shiver with a box of poison!" yelled Kaminaro as he stamped his hands on the ground, "Feel the pain of a thousand deaths: Plague Prison!"

The geysers of Plague would then move to the sides of Minny, surrounding her as they slowly moved in closer. There was no escape, and Minny couldn't just use the water vapor in the air to defend against the entirety of this Plague.

"Ice Armor, fortification," mumbled Minny, creating a thin layer of ice surrounding her body.

This would save her from the Plague for a few brief moments, with a few risks: Ice Armor would also affect Minny. It would slowly freeze her to death unless she had put it away. However, for these few seconds, she had enough time to deal some damage to Kaminaro before turning it off.

Minny rushed in, breaking Shiroiyuki in half so that she would have more ample opportunities to stab Kaminaro. She continued with her barrage of attacks, stabbing into Kaminaro who had tried to repair it with dead cells. Yet, Minny was aware of this and continued with her onslaught, tearing apart the dead cells and doing her best to just end it quickly.

"Repent for eternity!" yelled Minny, impaling the spear right into Kaminaro's forehead.

With the last of Kaminaro's will, he gripped onto the body of Minny, not letting her go. Minny struggled to get out but had soon found out that she had to let go of her ice armor or she'd carve out her own frozen death.

She has no choice but to stop the ice armor, but because Kaminaro was gripping her, she was exposed to the brown Plague. Kaminaro kicked her back, collapsing to the ground. Minny was infected by the Plague, the effects already seeping in as Minny's skin began to distort. She tried her best to use ice to kill off the virus, but she didn't have enough. If anything, she was just slowing down her death.

Yosuke arrived, with Medusa crawling on his back. He inspected Minny and attempted to try and get her to some form of medical help.

"Without much water, she's a goner," said Medusa, "We'll just have to provide her with as much water as we can to hopefully save her."

Yosuke nodded and tried to look for sources of water, but noticed that Kaminaro's leg was twitching.

"It... can't be!" exclaimed Medusa.

Kaminaro's head exploded, his brains scattered across the bloody ground. The brown smoke that emitted from his hands began to make its way inside the neck, oozing through and making its way into Kaminaro's blood. The body began to bloat up as Kaminaro got bigger and bigger, limbs being created from his chest and back, with eyes popping up almost everywhere. The blob began to ooze blood and mucus as it screamed in agony.

"The Plague Magia is doing what ever it can to live!" explained Medusa, "Even if it means transforming Kaminaro into a living monster!"

"How do we stop it without Minny's ice?" wrote Yosuke on his notebook.

"We'll just have to prevent it from spreading," said Medusa as she turned to Yosuke, "Yosuke. Just as Izaru has once did, will you let me be a part of you, seeping your energy to live on and hopefully take down this monster?"

Yosuke looked to the ground and shook his head before nodding.

"I'll have you know, Yosuke," said Medusa as she melted into his back, "Since your Magia was the Magia I gave to you back then.. the effects would be vastly different than how I was with Izaru..."