Memory 20: Dead Cells

Kyle walked away from Sofia, holding out a knife and waving it around.

"Straying away from the girl and leaving her alone?" asked Kaminaro, smiling as he kept his eye on the girl.

"My Telekinesis Magia will save her," responded Kyle, "There's no need to be close to her and put her in anymore danger."

"Interesting choice," smiled Kaminaro, stomping on the ground and sending concrete waves towards both Sofia and Kyle.

Once again, Sofia was seemingly thrown away from the trajectory of the wave. Kyle jumped over the wave and rushed straight at Kaminaro, knifing him right in the heart. However, this time, Kyle couldn't pull the knife out. He was stuck!

"Dead cells can still be manipulated," said Kaminaro as he placed his hand on Kyle's shoulder, "It doesn't matter if you aim for the critical piece of a human being. They're all dead cells in the end that can be moved around at my will. They can keep anything inside as long as I want it to."

As Kyle rotted away and popped into smoke, Kaminaro noticed that Kyle was once again by Sofia's side. Then, Kyle left Sofia's side, staring Kaminaro down to try and find a weakness.

"Teleportation to a certain place?" thought Kaminaro, "Or is his Magia something more complex?"

Kaminaro rushed in, trying to touch Sofia himself. All this time he had remained stationary, but what would Kyle do if Kaminaro were the one to charge in? Kyle jumped in front of Sofia, slashing Kaminaro by the neck, blood splattering in front of him and Sofia. That's when Kaminaro noticed something greater:

Blood floating in air.

"You're not teleporting or moving anything with telekinesis!" smiled Kaminaro, his wounds repairing, "You're just making yourself invisible and sending in a clone! I guess an extra pair of hands helps a lot, doesn't it?"

Upon that realization, and knowing that there was no way to harm this guy at this level, the invisible Kyle grabbed Sofia and ran, this time concealing her and turning her invisible as well! As that happened, the clone Kyle fended off Kaminaro, trying to slash him and deal as much damage as he could.

However, it was useless, for a simple touch on Kyle rotted his body into an instant corpse, plagued by sickness. Kaminaro rushed at Kyle who had appeared alongside Sofia, still trying to run despite being slower.

Kyle coughed up blood as he created two clones, transforming invisible once again. Kaminaro was an observant man, noticing that Kyle would self-injure himself if he made more than one clone at a time.

"As much as I'd like to kill him slowly," mumbled Kaminaro, "I need to get rid of them quick before my schedule is interrupted."

Kaminaro dashed past the two clones, zig zagging past their attempted knife slashes and heading straight for the invisible Kyle.

"Hey!" yelled one of the Kyle's, running towards him, "Come back here! We won't let you get past us!"

"Yeah," yelled the other Kyle, following through, "You didn't even initiate combat with us!"

"Did I?" smiled Kaminaro.

Soon, the two Kyles began to rot up, their eyeballs popping out of their skulls as their skin began to dissolve. It was clear that they had already died just by being in the near vicinity of Kaminaro.

"What?" questioned the original Kyle, looking back after he returned visible, "What just—"

"Upon contact with a person using Plague Magia," explained Kaminaro as he stood defiantly, "I emit a small amount of an airborne plague from my skin. Although it dies quickly from the exposure of oxygen, if I go near a person, it spreads pretty quickly.

Kyle threw Sofia to the ground, knowing that if he were to create more clones it would just weaken his energy or put him in a more critical state to fight. He remained back to fight Kaminaro.

However, before Kyle could even grab his knife, he was held up by the neck, his feet not touching the ground. It was then that Kyle noticed how tall the man was and the aura of destruction that he had emitted.

"You fought pretty well for someone with such a low class Magia," smiled Kaminaro, still gripping Kyle's neck which began to rot slowly, "It's a shame that it had to end this way."

Kyle couldn't even respond back, for his vocal chords had already dissolved. In just a matter of seconds, Kyle dropped the rotting carcass on the ground.

"The ants can deal with him," smiled Kaminaro as he approached Sofia slowly, "I plan on having a little fun with you before I go."

Sofia tried her best not to barf at the sight of the dead corpse before her. However, she regained her senses after noticing that Kaminaro was approaching her.

"No! Stop!" yelled Sofia, who tried to run away but was grabbed by the arm of Kaminaro, being held to his chest.

Bang bang!

"I'm sorry that I got here late," said Exodus, holding up her revolver with a woman by her side, "But I was held up by your mother."

Exodus noticed that Kyle wasn't present. Yosuke was right. He was probably dead by now.

"Two more women by my side?" smiled Kaminaro, "I'm pleased that I'm so popular today."

"Let her go," glared Exodus, "I'll riddle you with bullets if you don't."