Memory 14: The Entire Circus

"If what Samuel said was true," mentioned Exodus, looking around the tall buildings, "The murderer should have been spotted around these parts."

"You really think so?" asked Minny, looking around, "Maybe we can find some eyewitnesses."

"Let's look around. Other than Samuel, there are usually some vendors around here who work at night."

Exodus and Minny wandered around the place, asking vendors and passerby's if they've seen a man in a suit and a shiny wristwatch. With such a vague description however, people weren't really able to provide them both with accurate information.

However, with all this commotion going on, Minny had noticed that there was an elderly man staring at the two of them, as if he were beckoning them to question him.

"You see him too, Minny?" asked Exodus, "I was going to ask him, but he seems too shifty."

"Yeah, let's just stay away from hi—"

"Come on, come all!" yelled the elderly man in the street.

"He just started yelling!" mumbled Minny.

"Isn't it 'Come one, come all?'" asked Exodus in confusion.

"That's what you're worried about?"

"You there, you two ladies!" yelled the elderly man, "Come see my magic trick! 1500 yen!"

"Overpriced!" thought both Minny and Exodus.

Exodus began to speak up, "Sorry, but we're not really interes—"

Poof!

The elderly man turned into a frog!

"He did it anyway!" yelled Minny.

"That'll be 1500 yen," said the frog.

"Like hell did we even consent to wanting a magic trick!" yelled Exodus back in frustration.

"Hey, Exodus," whispered Minny, "It's really apparent that this guy has some form of Magia.."

"What, you're not gonna pay me for my services?" grumbled the frog as he turned back into an elderly man.

"We didn't even consent to your services!" yelled Minny in frustration as well.

"I might have to punish you," mumbled the man.

Suddenly, Exodus was gone! Minny looked around but couldn't find her! That's when she saw Exodus inside a balcony. She tried her best to get out, but it seemed like she was trapped in some sort of invisible box! Something that she couldn't budge out of.

"Hey, what did you do to her?" asked Minny.

"Just a time out corner," replied the elderly man, "Do you like my magic trick? It's 3,000 yen now since I made another."

"No way!" yelled Minny, rushing towards the man before hitting her face into something invisible.

Soon, the invisible thing in front appeared, showing it to be a wall. Was this his Magia?

"Teleporting, invisibility," smiled the elderly man, holding a pouch of coins, "As long as I can see it, I can do it. That is my Magia."

Soon, the elderly man transformed to look like Exodus! Was this yet another one of his Magia?

"Sight Magia," explained the elderly man, "I am 'Christ,' the Oddity! A Freelance Circus Act brought upon Earth to bring smiles upon people for a low price!"

Minny analyzed the events that took place. This was Sight Magia: He could teleport people to places as long as he can see where he teleports them to. He could make things invisible as long as he sees them. He could change his own form as long as he has seen the person he changes his form into before.

Minny ran around the wall, holding her fist back to try and punch Christ. However, just before her fist could connect to his face, she was teleported just a few meters away from her position, missing the attack. She tried again, but everytime, Christ would teleport her back just a few meters away from him. It was like a game!

"Audience members may not touch the ringleader no matter how handsome he may be!" chuckled Christ, "That'll be 4,500 yen."

"Quit it!" yelled Minny, expending her energy as she relentlessly tried to hit the man.

She just had so little range that she couldn't even hit him. She was too far! Even Exodus couldn't help because she was stuck inside that box.

"I must," mumbled Minny as she was being teleported back, "I must, I must, I must!"

"You mustn't!" laughed Christ, "You mustn't, you mustn't, you mustn't!"

That's when Christ felt a chill across his face. He noticed that his sweat was slowly becoming ice. As he scratched the ice off, he realized that something was off about the girl. Something that she was holding back.

"I must adapt!" thought Minny, "I must overcome!"

This time, just as Minny was teleported, the water from her sweaty palm began to move up, forming into icy particles that joined together and created a slight figure. Her frustrations were getting to her, creating a misshapen weapon.

Minny's Signature Weapon: The Ice Spear.

It was just the right amount of range to hit Christ in the face, crashing into pieces because of how fragile it was. Christ got launched back, a tear across his cheek. As he switched back to his elderly man form, he realized what kind of person he was going up against.

"The previous Minny had stronger ice spears," thought Minny, "I must grow stronger as well!"