Memory 1: The Guilty

Panting, running, and sweating nervously. The dark starry night was a disadvantage to the woman, for she did not see where she was going or where she was running from.

She wore baggy cargo pants and a white tank top. Her red hair was wrapped in a ponytail as she wore gloves. Goggles usually covered her eyes, but now rested on her forehead for her to see better.

"How did this happen?" thought the woman as she panicked, "Why am I running?"

The woman recollected her thoughts in this chaotic situation and remembered where she was.

"Yes, that's it!" thought the woman in revelation, "I was riding a train to Akihabara in Tokyo, Japan. Word that there was some Proiettilo members going missing when patrolling these streets.

Shit! Shit, shit! I fell asleep on the train!"

She turned around the corner, still running.

"When I woke up, I found myself in this alley," she thought to herself, still recollecting her thoughts, "My instincts kicked in and I began running to avoid any danger or mishap. What happened while I was out? Why am I in this alleyway?

More importantly, where is this damn exit?"

Suddenly, she stopped in the middle of the alley. She saw her exit, which was blocked by a man darkened by the shadows from the streetlight before him. The woman felt something off about this man, having a menacing tone coming out of him.

"Move aside!" yelled the woman in distress, trying her best to intimidate the man, "I'm from the Faizione Gang of Mafia di Proiettilo! Sent by Boss' messenger, Inferno, himself!"

The darkened man paid no attention to the woman's words and refused to move aside. Instead, he began to walk in a steady pace towards the woman. The bright light from the streetlight reflected off the man's silver wristwatch, causing the woman to close her eyes for a bit.

"I'm the infamous Pine from Faizione Gang #19!" yelled the woman once again, "My Needle Magia lets me shoot lethal needles from my fingertips, easily taking down people of your stature no matter how big they may be! Don't get any closer!"

The man paid no attention to her words yet again, seemingly picking up the pace of his walking. Threatened, Pine took off her gloves and shot multiple needles from her fingertips, hitting the man everywhere from the bottom of his legs to the top of his forehead. The man stopped.

Slowly, the needles emerged from the man's face and clothes, dropping to the ground with a sound similar to that of a rain drizzle. Pine was shocked that the man could take the needles. She began to run away from the man, making her escape.

"What kind of person is that?" thought Pine as she panicked even more, "Don't tell me this person also has Magia? I don't think I've ever met anyone in Proiettilo with an ability like this! This person.. he can't be a threat to the gang can't he?"

Soon, Pine reached a dead end.

"Shit, shit, shit!" yelled Pine in frustration as she hit the wall with her fist, "Not a dead end! Not now!"

Pine took out her phone and frantically dialed a number.

"Pick up! No! No service!" yelled Pine as she inevitably knew she was going to be left on voicemail, "This is Pine from Faizione Gang #19. I was sent to Akihabara to investigate on the strange disappearances of certain Proiettilo members. Unfortunately, I accidentally slept on the way here and awoke to a man coming after me. Send help immediately!"

The voicemail ended and she turned around to see the darkened man staring right at her. His silver wristwatch almost glowing in the dark.

"What do you want from me?" stuttered Pine.

"You have a really nice body," the man finally spoke.

Pine covered her body with her arms in confusion, "What the hell are you saying? Is this some kind of fucking joke?"

"The body will be much better after a desired transformation, of course," the man replied.

"W-What?" asked Pine in even more confusion, "Transformation..?"

Suddenly, Pine felt a sharp pain in her mouth. She quickly put her hand to her lips and spit it out. Opening her hand, she saw her own tooth. She felt even more pain afterwards, with multiple teeth falling out of her gums.

"Wha—" panicked Pine, bawling in fear, "What did you do to me? Answer me! I said answer me, you—"

Pine's frustrated shouts were interrupted by hair falling on her face. She dropped the teeth that filled her hand and began touching the hair on her face, removing it so that she can see. She noticed that the hair was a crimson red.

Jumping to conclusions, she began pulling at the hairs on top of her head. Pine was correct. She was losing her hair gradually. Even a small gentle touch on her scalp made lumps of her hair fall off. The man was enjoying every bit of it.

"Answer me!" shrieked Pine in clear pain, "Answer me, damn it!"

While shouting, she noticed her arms. It was all wrinkly, and some of the skin was peeling off. Some of the flesh inside of her skin was exposed, red and clear as day. Blood was coming out of the tiny pores.

Pine collapsed on the floor, unable to process what was happening to her. Was this a nightmare? It sure is! It has to be!

Soon, she looked up and saw the man staring down at her. His face was handsome and looked gentle. He began saying a few things, but she could no longer hear. Only garbles of his voice were present, and despite having a happy tone, he did not smile.

Soon, Pine let out a final bloodcurdling scream as her body collapsed on the floor, teeth missing, hair fallen out, skin damaged. She looked almost like a rotting corpse at this point.

"Finally," smiled the man as he unzipped his pants, "This is perfection. A transformation that I have so long desired."

The dark starry night of Akihabara was no longer polluted with the screams of a woman, but with the silent blowing of wind.