Memory 28: Is College This Boring?

"I just had to be paired up with you," grumbled Izaru.

"I didn't make up these listings," wrote Yosuke, looking towards the college campus, "Minny did."

"Like, are we even sure your Quantum Entanglement can detect a Magu user here?" asked Medusa.

"Despite her appearances, Exodus is the closest person with the most similar knowledge to mine about the plane of quantum mechanics," wrote Yosuke as he began walking inside the campus, "I trust her judgement that my abilities can teach this far."

They obtained a visitors pass and entered the campus, where the two peeked into a classroom. The students seemed to be on break, as their professor seemed to be out of the room.

"Over there!" exclaimed Medusa, "Takeda Senji. A college student. He's the Magia user we'll have to interrogate."

A student was near the window, sleeping on his desk. He had purple scruffy hair and wore an open uniform jacket.

"Go wake him up," wrote Yosuke.

"Why do I have to wake him up?" asked Izaru in rebellion.

Medusa and Yosuke both stared at Izaru before he could realize his mistake.

"Fine," grumbled Izaru, walking up to the classmate, "You're lucky you can't speak."

As Izaru and Yosuke walked up to Takeda, the classmates around them began to murmur. Yosuke could've sworn that he had heard warnings not to wake Takeda up.

"Hey, wake up!" exclaimed Izaru reaching to shake Takeda awake, "We've got some questions for you!"

"Just what are they talking about?" thought Yosuke, trying to touch Izaru's shoulder, "Hey... Izaru wait!"

However, it was too late. Upon trying to wake up Takeda, Izaru was suddenly thrown out of the campus window alongside Medusa! Yosuke looked at Takeda who seemed to still be sleeping. Upon getting closer to inspect, Yosuke felt something grab his face and was thrown out of the window as well! This time, with Takeda following.

Yet... he was still sleeping!?

He seemed to be floating in mid-air, but was dead asleep. Something must've been carrying him: His Magia.

"If I hadn't turned on my Magia, I would've died!" exclaimed Izaru, "What kind of power?"

Yosuke was in a less fortunate situation. Although his quantum immortality prevented him from dying, he was in a critical state where he was hurting from his injuries.

"Medusa.." said Izaru as he stood up, "Help me out here. Can you determine his Magia? You're the mother of Magia after all."

"His Magia..." mumbled Medusa after inspecting Takeda, "It's totes a Sleeping Magia."

"That much is very obvious!" yelled Izaru in frustration.

"I don't think he can help us find this killer you're looking for," continued Medusa, "His Magia is just him protruding invisible arms. One to leap around and carry his sleeping body, and the other arm with the force of a truck."

"Tough guy, huh?" smiled Izaru, cracking his knuckles, "Then let me at him!"

Ignoring the goals of why they were there in the first place, Izaru rushed in and attacked Takeda, who had tried punching Izaru head on. Unfortunately, Izaru's defense was too much even with the strength of the sleeping Takeda's arms.

Izaru burst through, tackling Takeda down on the floor. Yet, the arms still attacked Izaru, despite how rough Takeda was handling towards the ground. There seemed to be no chance of stopping this Magia from attacking! It was a subconscious Magia that would protect the user.

However, right when Takeda was about to stand up by the arms once again, he had stopped in his tracks. Right behind him was Yosuke, using quantum entanglement chains to stop Takeda from moving!

"Alright!" yelled Izaru, "Now I can beat this guy's ass all I want!"

"Chill out, Izaru," said Medusa, stopping Izaru, "Have you forgotten?

"Huh?"

"Yosuke shares the actions and health of the person he entangles with in quantum entanglement. This means that if you attacked Takeda, that's basically the same thing as attacking Yosuke. Quantum Immortality won't save Yosuke if you decide to kill Takeda either."

Izaru noticed that Yosuke was falling asleep as well before collapsing to the ground. He was in the same state as Takeda.

"Useless," grumbled Izaru, "Why even use quantum entanglement if you're just going to end up falling asleep like the guy who literally has a Magia that puts him in an advantage by being asleep?"

"You're missing the point of quantum entanglement, dumbass!"

"Who're you calling dumbass?"

"If you can't wake up Takeda," pointed Medusa, "Then how can you wake him up without going near him?"

It clicked. Izaru finally noticed what Medusa and Yosuke were thinking. Always late to the party, he was! He ran around Takeda, who's arms seemed to be confused by the strategy Izaru was pulling. However, once Izaru was near Yosuke's sleeping body, he shook him violently!

This caused Yosuke to wake up! And with Yosuke awake, Takeda woke up as well!

"Huh?" asked Takeda, feeling the grass of the campus, "Where am I..?"

Izaru looked at Yosuke, "Dumbass.. This person.. is definitely not someone who can find Kaminaro!"

"Yeah..." wrote Yosuke on his notebook with the broken pencil, "...my bad."