Memory 31: Duties

Slam!

Kaminaro was surprised by the weight of the textbooks that were handed to him. He could barely lift them before setting them down on a table.

"That would be the schedule that Mr. Kubo will be taking for these few weeks," glared the assistant, "I swear, Yotsu. How are you this dumb to keep forgetting these very simple tasks? You're a bodyguard for a reason! To protect Mr. Kubo's life!"

"The nerve of this woman," thought Kaminaro before straightening up, looking at the assistant's nametag, and saying, "My apologies, Tomiko."

"Ms. Tomiko," glared the assistant, "That's Ms. Tomiko to you. Learn your manners."

At this point, Kaminaro was ready to kill her. However, he needed to blend in with his cover. Kaminaro had been working undercover at the Mitsuyota company, a company where they share and sell stocks to other companies and small business owners.

Sora Tomiko was the assistant to Goji Kubo, the CEO of Mitsuyota. She was in charge of handling the companies assets, as well as the bodyguard department. This includes Masao Yotsu, who is one of the more well known bodyguards.

Luckily, Kaminaro had used his Memory Sub-Magia to change the memories of all the company workers. It was as if Masao Yotsu wasn't murdered that day. Upon further research, Masao Yotsu didn't have any family or nearby relatives. He was a freelance jobber, who would work multiple shifts until he had been accepted to work as a bodyguard.

"This woman though..." thought Kaminaro, frustrated, "The nerve of her to boss me around so much with such an attitude!"

Walking around the place, he stayed by the doors of the main office that Goji Kubo had worked behind. Although Kubo had hired bodyguards for him, he wasn't any short of being a defenseless man. Tomiko had mentioned to Kaminaro that Kubo had a Magia that no one was able to see. Only a few people know of this Magia, but only his most trusted advisors.

"Also..." mumbled Tomiko in what seemed to be a shameful look as she stared down at the ground, "If anything you see is harmful towards the company... you know what to do..."

"What...?" asked Kaminaro.

"You silence it and put a stop to it," glared Tomiko, "For the sake of everyone here... my fellow coworkers... and even you and whatever family you have... do not speak a word of anything that Goji Kubo does. What he does is for the good of the company.. and what he says goes. Okay?"

Kaminaro could sense the trouble in Tomiko's voice. Just what was Mitsuyota hiding behind this facade of a stock sharing company? What harmful things did Tomoko mean? Nonetheless, Kaminaro didn't really care about the company policy or whatever the CEO had plans for. All he wanted was someplace to blend in and hide his identity until the whole situation dies down.

It wasn't very long until Kaminaro noticed that his bodyguard duties did not consist only of guarding the main door. He moved paperwork from place to place, filed some important papers, and took out some trash that needed to be dumped out.

It was when he was mopping the floor when he realized, "Hey! Aren't I a bodyguard? What does mopping the floor and doing all these other chores have to do with the bodyguard job?"

"It doesn't," replied Tomiko, writing down some notes on her clipboard, "It was just some extra chores I was tasked to do by the CEO. I had you as another helping hand so I decided to dump the load on you."

"This conniving little..." thought Kaminaro before calming down, "I didn't think I'd have to work with such an annoyance."

Kaminaro continued to work within the companies' halls, unaware of the plans that the gang were making. However, during his time there, he had already began planning on what to do to escape the town for a while and return back at a later date when the investigation was over.

"I can't just leave the city now," thought Kaminaro as he leaned back in a chair by the CEO door, "This place is almost like home to me. It's something I treasure just as much as my life."

Kaminaro continued to work, bossed around by Ms. Tomiko, and overhearing rumors about the company's CEO. He didn't think about it as much as he didn't find it important. He did however, think about a plan to retaliate in the event that any person that knew he was a murderer would find him.