Memory 15: The Perfect Weapon

Minny was one of the best leaders in Proiettilo, mainly due to her Ice Magia. Her weapon, the ice spear, was great for assassinations, as it would easily melt and get rid of any evidence for the murder weapon. This hidden potential that the current Minny has is just the beginning of what she'll need for a fight.

Minny looked up to see Exodus silently cheering her on. The invisible box didn't seem to go away if Christ was punched. It would've been dangerous for Exodus to mindlessly shoot from inside the box, not knowing what the box was made out of. Minny had to fight Christ and get some information out of him.

"You're here almost every day, aren't you?" asked Minny, changing the topic, "You must've seen a person with a wristwatch around here."

"I don't know," mumbled Christ, holding up his arm which shapeshifter into another arm with a wristwatch, "Have I?"

Minny knew that this man knew that they were looking for the murderer. Yet, he was still focused on playing this game.

"Even without my Sight Magia, it's pretty damn easy to see through you," smiled Christ as he stood up, "Your Magia is still weak and needs improving. You're never gonna kill him at your current stage!"

Minny began to form another Ice Spear, the sweat from her hands accumulating as they began to transform. She then ran at Christ, charging in with her spear. However, she was pelted but what seemed to be invisible dodgeballs, hitting her stomach and causing her to cough.

"Sight is one of the best senses you could have," explained Christ, "Use it to your advantage, and feel your Magia as if it were a part of you."

Minny, stared at Christ, and looked at how to dodge the invisible balls. She dashed on forward as Christ went ahead and kept throwing dodgeballs at her. As the balls got closer, Minny felt a chill down her spine. Was this what Christ meant when he said that she should feel her Magia? Before she knew it, Minny had subconsciously dodged the invisible dodgeball!

"How..?" thought Minny to herself, "It's as if once the dodgeballs enter the range of this chill down my spine, I can see them and dodge them!"

This happened a few more times, with Minny dodging all the of the dodgeballs. When Minny got close enough, she formulated an ice spear in her hands and swung it at Christ.

Pluck!

Christ had shape-shifted into a professional wrestler, grabbing the ice spear with his hand and crushing it into pieces.

"What good is a weapon if it breaks upon use?" asked Christ.

He then disappeared. Minny looked around, trying to find out where he had gone to. Suddenly, she got a chill down her spine and instinctively dodged, rolling away from the body slam from above. It was at this moment that Minny had subconsciously figured out the meaning of her chilling spine. It was like an additional sense to the original five senses, something that only those that had elemental Magia had access to with enough experience. Even more powerful Magia users could possibly use this as a subconscious shield if their element allowed it.

"You're so quick on defense, but you won't get anywhere if you can't even harm the enemy!" yelled Christ.

Christ was gone once more. Minny didn't know where he went until he realized that he was below her, in the form of a frog. However, the frog had a gigantic right arm.

"I've used this right arm a lot," smiled the frog smugly, "For reasons you may not know! If you can't even beat a frog, you can't save this fake town!"

Minny quickly materialized an ice spear in her hand, holding it up to her chest to protect herself, knowing she can't dodge the attack. However, the punch broke the ice spear and hit Minny's stomach with full force, sending her back crashing into the wall.

Minny coughed, feeling the pain in her stomach. It was clear that she couldn't just take another hit. She had to get stronger. Just what did Minny do to make her ice spear stronger?

When the frog rushed in with his right arm to attack, Minny felt a chilling feeling again. This feeling was different, as if the previous Minny was beckoning the current one to learn. To learn the best, is to experience it oneself. All this time, Minny had been relying on Exodus to help her get out of situations, but it's done nothing but hinder her progress on retaining her ability to create, to expand, to connect.

This chilling feeling that Minny had, this sudden awakening within her, was trying to help her out.

"Yes, little one," thought Christ to himself, as he rushed in with his fist, "You're learning. Feel the surface of an Awakened Magia. Flourish and thrive so you can save this fake town."

Minny held up her hands, the ice once again materializing, not just from the sweat on her palms, but by the perspiration and the water vapor of the air surrounding her. The chilling feeling that has guided her throughout this battle had lent her even more strength to the formation of this ice spear, a weapon that has made Minny known as one of the greatest assassins of Proiettilo:

"Come forth," the past Minny said as a voice in the back of Minny's head, "A weapon that guides me through any trouble. A weapon that's quick to kill and leaves no trace. A weapon that serves as the most reliable in dire times.

Shiroiyuki!"

Bang!

Christ's fists were stopped by the icy pole of the spear that Minny held in her hands. It was cracking a little, but it proved enough strength to truly become a powerful weapon. This was Shiroiyuki, the most powerful weapon that Minny had acquired from the beginning of her Magia training.

Slash!

The frog had a thick cut down its belly. He smiled as he shape-shifted once again to an old man.

"That'll be 6,000 yen," he smiled, the blood dripping from his chest.