Memory 32: Precision

"Laura Stolwart," noted Minny, sitting on the cafe seat, "She's right over there in the restaurant across from us."

"She has light blonde hair," examined Exodus as she sipped her coffee, "Blue eyes too. Does she live in Akihabara?"

"Nope. She's a tourist, almost like us. She only arrived a day ago, so it's lucky that we even got to her this quick. Come on."

The two got up from their chairs and strolled over to the restaurant, making sure not to surprise Laura too much.

"Hello!" smiled Minny, waving her hand.

"S-sorry!" replied Laura immediately in her best Japanese, "I'm only here on vacation! I can't do any modeling gigs!"

"Modeling gigs?" asked Exodus, confused, "N-no! We're not trying to look for models! We just want to find out your Magia!"

"Magia?" asked Laura, "Are you a fan of mine?"

"You're famous?" asked Minny in curiosity.

"I'm world renowned across America, Europe, and Asia!" bragged Laura, "Self proclaimed anyway."

"If it self proclaimed then it's immediately useless," thought Exodus in frustration.

"Well, we'd like to see your Magia if that's fine with you," continued Minny, disregarding the self proclamation.

"Well then stand and watch, my little fans!" laughed Laura haughtily as she took out a paintbrush and canvas from behind a bush, "My artistry compares to no one!"

"Was she waiting for someone to ask her about her artistry skills?" mumbled Exodus in confusion.

"Does she always hide a canvas..?" whispered Minny in greater confusion.

Laura placed the canvas on the table and waved her brush in the air as she began thinking on what to paint.

"Give me something for me to draw," smiled Laura.

"Don't you need paint to use a paintbrush?" asked Exodus, picking her nose.

"Try drawing me," said Minny, going along with Laura's intentions.

"Very well!"

Laura began touching the canvas with the tip of her paintbrush. Just like magic, the paintbrush began painting the canvas with some form of ink, despite not being dipped into paint. The flow of colors were extravagant as they were, amazing both Exodus and Minny as they silently watched Laura paint her masterpiece.

She began with outlining the base of Minny's body, drawing out the correct shapes and proportions to make a portrait. The lines used were a soft black, which almost seemed more like pencil marks rather than paintbrush marks . She then began drawing over the outline with what seemed to be a darker shade of black, that looked more like ink. This seemed to bring out more depth into the portrait.

As soon as she was finished, she began to paint the basic colors over the outlines, with a type of paint that looked more like what the paintbrush should've given her. This type of coloring blended unique colors together, with some colors that couldn't even be described with the regular color wheel. It was quite a sight to take in for both Exodus and Minny,

Finally, she began shading the colors, with a healthy blend that made the painting look realistic but at the same time pleasing to the eye, using forms of art to perfectly capture the innocence and the inner secrets of Minny's aura and personality. With this great detail, Laura had finished her portrait in what seemed like only five minutes!

"I was a bit slow, so please forgive me!" smiled Laura as she showed the portrait of Minny to her.

"A bit slow?" thought Minny, "She wasn't rushing or going her fastest?"

"So.. what exactly is your Magia?" asked Exodus, now full of curiosity, "To create art that good?"

"To be more specific," giggled Laura as she placed the canvas back onto the table, "My Magia is Precision Magia. It allows me to reconstruct my senses to make a more precise piece of work."

"Does that mean your aim with a gun is perfect?" asked Exodus once again.

"Well.. you could say that yes," smiled Laura hesitantly, "However.. I don't really see a moment where I'll need to use a gun. I'm not much of a fighter. That's why I've been using my Magia as a way to express myself, and to draw art! It's much more peaceful, and if it makes people happy, then it makes me happy!"

"Do you think this person will be useful?" whispered Exodus to Minny.

"Her Precision Magia is definitely amazing, and the portrait looks cute," replied Minny, "Although I don't know if it'll help us find the murderer, I'd still like to befriend her."

"Got it."

"Hey Laura," asked Minny, "Can I have your number? I'd like to know more about your portraits and drawings, and I would like to see them more someday!"

"Sure thing!" smiled Laura back, "Always happy to help an adoring fan!"

"Such enthusiasm," mumbled Exodus, "I hope the others are doing just as well with Magia user searching as we are. This is boring."