Memory 29: Dangerous Mist

He stumbled down the alleyway, his body suffering from fatigue. Did that orb really help him? Where was his Magia? Did the orb take it? He soon coughed up blood at the end of the alleyway, looking across the street, where many cars and trucks drove by.

As he reached out, he began to notice his hands flaking. What was happening? He's only seen this type of blistering before. However, that would mean....

No.

Things can't end like this. He has so much more to live for! He escaped! He just had to live!

And at that moment, his fingers had stopped flaking off. Although, they were still at a critical state that they began to bleed from the dryness. Was this a display of his Magia? The Plague never affected him like this before!

"Just what happened..?" asked Kaminaro, clearly mumbling from his fatigue, not even able to find the energy to stand up.

Kaminaro felt a spike of pain down his spine. It was as if the plague was eating his body away if he couldn't react to the changes that has happened. He had to survive, to prove himself that he was worth such a Magia!

Kaminaro slowly stood up, his legs telling him to give up, the pain surging through his brain. He tried to hold his hand against the wall to support himself, but—

Crash!

The wall crumbled at his fingertips, the rubble crumbling down with traces of brown. This was definitely his plague. Kaminaro knew that it felt stronger, dangerous... yet it felt more risky to even use it. Just what was his plague coming out of?

Usually he'd be able to throw out his Magia from any part of his body. Hell, even his body was composed of this Magia. Yet, he felt more alive than ever. That's when he turned to his fingers. It was clear that the tips of his fingers smelt of rotten flesh. Soon, he'd need to purchase a glove to cover the stench up.

The most inflamed part of the fingers were right in the center of the fingertips. There was a small hole that leaked pus and blood, yet it began clotting and breaking apart. He knew that this has to be the source of his Plague Magia. However, soon he felt a sharp pain on his cheek. His face was rotting!

Out of pain, Kaminaro moved his hand away from his face. He felt it: The Plague was ripping away his face! Just what had happened to him? However, upon closer inspection on his fingers from a farther view, he knew just what was happening.

There seemed to be a brown mist leaking away from his fingers. This brown mist slowly floated towards the sky, where it began to dissolve in the sunlight. This Magia... this new type of Plague... it was an evolved form of his Magia: something awakened.

Kaminaro then took grasp of his current situation. He had to hide himself and find out a way to get out of range from anybody that could've sought him out to be a murderer. He stepped into the sunlight, covering his cheek with a handkerchief, looking at a car parked by a store building.

His Magia wouldn't affect anyone in broad sunlight, for its weakness was ultra violet radiation from the sun. He need to develop gloves that held this sort of material to keep his plague at bay. This new Plague acted similar to his old one, however it doesn't make him invincible to bullets anymore. The dead cells he once had for his body were now replaced with living ones. Not only that, but his Plague Magia would harm even himself, so it was riskier.

At the cost of a more deadly plague, he had more vulnerable risks that he needed to take into account. So, he had this car as a test run.

He held his hand towards the handle of the back seats of the car, gripping onto it. He then covered his hand with his other hand, letting the airborne plague seep into the car's handle. Soon, the handle would break and Kaminaro could slip right into the car.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing in my car?" yelled the man, realizing that Kaminaro was in the backseat.

However, his life was cut short as the plague had contacted his skin. His head began to melt as the plague's mist flowed into the open window. Kaminaro got out of the car and went around to the driver's seat, which had nothing but car keys and identification.

"Masao Yotsu
Mitsuyota Company"

Upon reading more of the identification, Kaminaro had learned that the man was a bodyguard for this company's officials. He just knew he had to take this opportunity, using his sided Memory Magia to brainwash those in the company to slip into the crowd.

He started up the car and drove to the address listed on the identification.