Memory 19: Confrontation

Sofia peered from behind the corner, watching as the man walked down the street, with no care in the world. It was clear that he didn't notice her. However, her mind began to wander, thinking that he actually knew and just wanted to bring her closer.

At that moment, the man's eyes widened as Sofia noticed that he began trailing another woman. There was no one else in the area. Not any that Sofia could see.

"No."

Sofia thought it through. She wasn't going to stand idle and watch this happen. She ran after the two, had headed down an alleyway. At the top of her lungs, Sofia screamed:

"Run away!"

The woman instinctively ran away, glancing behind her to realize that she was being followed. Her quick thinking had saved her, but the surprise let the man focus in on Sofia.

"Run away..?" the man asked, confused.

"Who are you and what were you planning to do with her in this dark alleyway?" questioned Sofia, quaking in nervousness but trying to remain confident.

"I think you're mistaken, little girl," chuckled the man, "My name is Kaminaro Suzumiya. I'm an accountant for Bushido Industries. We supply paper. This route is merely a shortcut I take to head to my line of work quicker."

Sofia was confused. Did she get the wrong person? Maybe she messed up and got the wrong guy while trailing him.

However, Sofia persisted, "I saw you kill Samuel! And Lassie! My eyes wouldn't deceive me!"

"So you saw it..." mumbled Kaminaro, his eyes widening, "May I ask why you did not turn to the authorities?"

Sofia flared, "I needed to be sure who you are first, Kaminaro Suzumiya."

"I've got to admit," smiled Kaminaro, "I was desperate to throw you off my trail that I didn't take into account that I was possibly seen. That's my misjudgment and I take responsibility for that. However, your misjudgment of thinking I'd let you go so easily is flawed as well!

Bask in the terror of my Plague Magia!"

The ground began to rumble as a wave of swampy concrete rushed toward Sofia, coming straight from Kaminaro's feet. Sofia screamed, trying to run away, until she suddenly was thrown back into the wall, slightly dodging the swampy concrete wave.

"You hear that Yosuke?" asked Kyle, a phone up to his ear, "We've got our guy. Kaminaro Suzumiya. Now call the others already. I didn't want to even get involved in this in the first place."

Kaminaro chuckled, "How unfortunate of me. It truly is nearing the end, huh? Calling the cops on me is a simple mistake one might make."

"Except I didn't call the cops," said Kyle as he closed his flip phone and placed it in one of his apron pockets, "I've called for people who are more qualified and more determined to take you down personally."

"Even better. They won't be taking me down if I don't leave a trace! Your Telekinesis Magia can't move the very Earth! It's too large of an object for a single Magia to manipulate! You're taking this attack no matter where you run, wizard!"

The concrete began to turn into a muddy wave again, shooting straight at Kyle! He tried to escape, but soon, his foot came into contact! Very rapidly, his leg became to rot and his skin began to blister. Sofia could only cry and wail in regret as Kyle transformed quickly into a corpse, plagued by the sickness that Kaminaro had thrust into him.

Poof!

"You've made a wrong move," smiled Kyle, who was suddenly next to Sofia.

Confused, Kaminaro tried to react and make another attack. However, a hole began to open up in his chest! Blood burst out as Kaminaro yelled in pain, a knife suddenly appearing to cut through his chest!

"How?" thought Kaminaro, his thoughts running rampant through his mind, "This isn't telekinesis! This isn't telekinesis at all! What is this Magia?"

"What's happening?" asked Sofia to Kyle.

"I'm doing my best, so be quiet," said Kyle, "We need our sights staying locked on this guy so he doesn't escape. Wh- what the?"

"Just as the plague gives rotting and degenerative cells," explained Kaminaro, smiling as his wound began to close up, "Those composed of those dead cells have no effect to any external breaches. A wound to me is only the separation of those dead cells, for I am the plague itself: Destruction incarnate.

You cannot wound what is already dead. You cannot wound what has already been plagued."

"So it'll take more than just a knife to kill this guy, huh?" mumbled Kyle, biting his nails, "I've got a few tricks up my sleeves, so stay put. This guy has one annoying Magia."

"Oh, I assure you," said Kaminaro, "By the end of this, both of you will succumb to the disease."