37 ↝ Dolphin On Steroids

"Got too high again,
When I realized I can't not be with you,
Or be just your friend,
I love you to death but I just can't."
Hold Me Tight Or Don't - Fall Out Boy

I can't do this.

My teeth bite down on my bottom lip nervously as I study myself in my new bikini in the mirror. It's been almost thirty minutes since everyone collectively decided to head out to the beach that's right in front of our house after breakfast. I've been in my bathroom, staring at my bikini-clad body, for several minutes now.

I've worn a bikini recently. At the soccer house pool. I wore a cheeky outfit last night. Why am I losing my mind over this?

Sighing to myself, I reach over to the sunscreen bottle I brought along, and lather it all over my body. Without letting my mind hesitate anymore, I grab my sunglasses and a towel from my bag which I wrap around my waist, before heading downstairs. The sliding doors in the living room leading out to the back patio and to the beach are wide open, and I can see my friends already in the water.

The hot breeze envelops me as I step out to the wooden floor of the patio, making my way down the stairs, and finally onto the sand. The sand is crisp and warm underneath my feet as I saunter towards the water. My friends are all facing the ocean, so it'll be a while before they spot me. There are a few people a few metres away from us, a group of people our age that seem to be coming from another beach house. The sun is bright, the sky is completely clear of clouds, and the water is incredibly inviting. It's a beautiful day.

I'm in the midst of taking my flip flops off and dropping my towel on to a big blanket that Nessa has brought when a whistle rips through the air. It's Kye, spotting me first, dragging everyone's attention towards me in the process.

"Look at you go, Alex! Hot-tay!" Kye screeches, hyping me up, and I feel the rush of warmth flood into my cheeks as I shyly smile, doing my best to avoid eye contact with anyone. I can feel one particular smouldering gaze on me towards the side, but I fight the urge to look in that direction as I wade into the water. The girls throw compliments my way as well, commenting on how great my bikini is. Leo and Miles keep it more lowkey, opting just for a smile and nod hello.

For some reason, Kye's enthusiasm makes me feel more at ease. I float over towards him, the water cool against my skin, smiling widely.

"Hey twat," I splash some water in his direction. "Thanks for shining the spotlight on me."

"You're welcies," Kye winks, floating on his back, waving his arms like he's trying to make a snow angel on the water, making me chuckle. Miles grabs his attention by asking something, and I look over to the horizon. The water is glittering like gems under the sunshine, and I can see seagulls zipping overhead like little aeroplanes. I'm so busy taking in my surroundings that I almost don't notice someone swimming over to me.

I turn my head, and Hunter is towering over me like a sexy building, water slipping down his bare body, wet inky hair matted against his forehead. At the sight of him, my body immediately shudders, and memories of last night flood into my brain. His head in between my legs, my fingers running through his hair, the sounds of my gasped breaths, his warm hands gripping my thighs-

My heart races just at the thought of it, and I struggle to keep myself from flushing as I smile meekly at him. After Kye nearly walked in on us yesterday, Hunter kissed me goodnight and we parted ways. I slept like a baby last night.

"Hey Peach," His half-smile is almost as shiny as his silver necklace twinkling under the sun.

"Hey," I grin back at him, finally giving in to the urge to look at him fully, letting my eyes slide down his bare torso before meeting his eyes again. I realise he's doing the same to me, his eyes studying my body intently, as if he's trying to draw it in his mind. Before I can shy away from his gaze, he speaks.