67 ↝ Meant To Fucking Be

"Just one mistake is all it will take,
We'll go down in history,
Remember me for centuries."
Centuries — Fall Out Boy

My little sister's girly squeal is the first thing I hear, before a small body launches onto my body, snapping me out of my sleep

Prying my eyes open, I see Lilly snuggling in the small space between me and Alex, wrapping her arms around Alex's neck.

"Lilly," I groan sleepily, watching my girlfriend wake up slowly, her pretty eyes blinking open and immediately smiling down at my sister, who's cuddling up to her.

"Hi love," Alex whispers, her accent heavier in her morning voice as she kisses Lilly's forehead. "Good morning."

Something warm thuds in my chest at the sight of her lovingly cradling Lilly, while my arms are still still firmly around her.

Is this what it's going to be like when we have a family?

Watching Alex with my sister, I'm suddenly tempted to send Lilly away and get right to putting a baby in Alex, but I rationalize myself, deciding I have the time of the world with her to start a family.

"Good morning Hunt!" Lilly squiggles to turn her body towards me next, wrapping her small hands around my bicep. "Can we go eat chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast?"

I smile at her, nodding. "Of course, Lil. Let me and Alex get ready first, yeah? Go tell Celia we'll be down soon."

Lilly nods, before leaping off the bed and racing out, shutting the door behind her. I tighten my hold around Alex, pulling her flush against my chest, feeling every inch of her soft body against mine.

"G'morning baby." I mumble, biting her earlobe gently.

"Good morning, Hunter." Alex laughs, swatting my face away.

"Excited to see your family?" I ask, rubbing my cheek, stifling a yawn.

I'm still pretty wiped, considering we came back to my house after our date last night pretty late. But I'd have to suck it up and gather up some energy, because I'll be meeting the love of my life's dad today.

Alex's eyes immediately shine at the mention of them, reaching over to check the time on her phone, which reads 9:30am. "Yes! They'll be landing around 1pm or so."

"Cool, which means they'll be here a little after 2pm." I state. "More than enough time for us to help Celia whip up some good dinner."

Alex nods. "Yeah." She pauses to slip her hands in my hair, massaging my scalp gently with the pads of her fingers. The gesture almost makes my eyes roll back into my head with bliss.

"Are you nervous?" She asks.

I nibble on my bottom lip, my finger tracing circles on her hip. "Kind of."