65 ↝ Barbie DreamHouse

"Midnight doesn't last forever,
Dark turns to light,
Heartache flips my world around."
Irresistible — One Direction

A/N: listen to this song ^ during the second half of the chapter (when alex starts dancing) for better effect ;) the YouTube video is linked above!

"Why are Nessa's things always heavy?" Kye groans, his legs wobbling as he rushes into the soccer house, balancing a bunch of boxes in his arms that are labelled NESSA.

I laugh as I follow him inside, carrying a few boxes of my own. Nessa rolls her eyes at Kye, setting down the suitcase that she rolled in.

"Don't question a lady's needs, Wellington." She orders, before walking back outside to Kye's car to unload the rest of the things.

"Unless you're Dora the explorer and have fucking maps and planes inside these boxes, there's no reason for you to have to much shit." Miles grumbles as he drags in another box.

"Quit whining all of you." Nessa pokes Miles as he walks past her. "Or else no dinner tonight."

Rolling my eyes at them, I walk outside to help Hunter, who's unloading a couple of more things from Kye's car. I'm in the midst of juggling a box and a pillow, when I hear my name being called out.

Looking over, I see Chloe standing by the short wall that's separating the soccer house's yard from the house next door. I'm confused for a second until I remember that she moved in next door with Naya.

"Hey!" I smile, walking over to her, looking at their house. It's fairly similar to the rest of the houses in the neighbourhood, minimalistic exterior and painted neutral colours.

I see Naya getting out of a car that's parked in their driveway, grabbing some boxes out of the trunk. The passenger door opens, and when Mateo's curly head appears over the roof of the car as he steps out, Naya sees my surprised face and laughs.

"Hey Mateo," Naya nudges Mateo and nods in my direction. "Look."

Mateo looks, and his eyes light up when he sees me. Naya and Mateo walk over, and I don't hide my surprise.

"Hey Mateo," I smile as the curly haired boy leans his elbows on the wall separating us. "Fancy seeing you."

"He's moving in with us." Naya explains, slicking her hair away from her tan face.

"Really? That's cool." I reply, looking back at Mateo, who's still watching me with an easy smile on his face.

"Moving day for you too, yeah?" Chloe asks, gesturing towards Nessa who's dragging another box inside with Kye.

"You're moving in with the soccer boys?" Mateo questions, and I nod.

He tilts his head at my response, looking a little puzzled. Mateo looks like he's about to say something, but he immediately cuts himself short, straightening up and taking a step back like something startled him.

My brows furrow, and I'm about to ask him what's wrong when an arm wraps around my waist and Hunter's body presses against my back.

"Hey baby," His voice rumbles, his hold on my waist tightening. "What's going on?"

Chloe, either completely oblivious or choosing to ignore it, responds with a smile. "Hunter, you've already met Naya, my roommate. This is Mateo, our newest addition."