50 ↝ Murder Charge

"That picture ain't blurry at all,
I just don't wanna see it.
And these walls ain't blank,
I just think I don't want to see em."
Mansion — NF

⚠️ TW: this chapter contains violence and depiction of assault. ⚠️

"What the fuck do you mean you can't find her?" I choke out, my eyes steadily on Nessa

"What the fuck do you mean you can't find her?" I choke out, my eyes steadily on Nessa. The sickly feeling of panic and fear creeps over me like poison, and my heart is racing in my chest.

"She went to get me a tampon," Nessa has tears in her eyes, her voice shaking as she clings on to Kiara who's holding her. "A few seconds after she left, I heard noises outside the bathroom door and my gut told me that I had to see what's happening. When I stepped into the hallway there was no one there, but I saw the staff exit door slam shut."

She pauses as a meek sob racks through her. "I was too scared to go see alone, and I had a bad feeling so I came back here looking for Alex and Kiara said she never came back."

"Hunter..." Kye says from beside me, and I look at my best friend, his blue eyes wild with fear. We're all stuffed into the tiny booth, tension and panic among all of us.

"The staff exit. Maybe she went to get some air." I say, getting to my feet, desperate to hold onto even a single ray of hope, even if it's stupid.

"Kiara, Nessa. Stay here. Call the police." I order, rushing out of the booth.

I push through the crowd, making my way to the staff exit, Leo and Kye following closely behind me. The sense of dread that's filling my lungs like hot sand, and the pure, dark ache of fear that something could've happened to her is overwhelming, and I can barely bring myself to breathe as I stumble into the hallway.

I pass by my locker room, and then Max's, and falter for a second.

Max.

Could he have..?

No.

Trent's words echo in my head. "I hear he's bad news Triton, specially when he loses."

My brain switches into high alert, desperation and determination to find my girl. Even if I have to fucking kill someone to do it.

Bursting out the staff door and into the alley, I halt in my steps. The cool breeze ruffles my cheeks as I frantically look left and right. Dread settles on my chest, heavy like a rock when I realize the alley is empty.

The more time passes, the more frantic and afraid I am, and judging by the looks on Leo's and Kye's faces, they feel the same.

"Fuck, where is she?" Kye cries out, his voice wobbly like he's about to burst into tears.