63 ↝ Birthday Suit

"Some nights, we're closer than ever,
Sometimes, we're running out of space,
When we're high, it can't get any better."
Love To Lose — Georgia Ku & Sandro Cavazza

"Love To Lose — Georgia Ku & Sandro Cavazza

"Kye, Hunter hasn't worn pink in his life." Nessa thumps Kye in the back of the head playfully, making him yelp dramatically.

Kye sighs in exasperation, putting the pink shirt back in the rack. "What the fuck do I get him then? His birthday is tomorrow and I still don't have anything."

"This is why you plan in advance, moron." Kiara shrugs as we walk out of the store, into the busy New York street.

"What are you getting him, Alex?" Kye questions, loosely draping his arm over my shoulder as the three of us make our way down the sidewalk, towards uni.

"I painted something. And tattooed something." I smile, brushing a strand of hair that has fallen over my eyes. "I'll show you guys after I show him."

My best friends nod, and go back to bantering about what to get Hunter for his birthday. I absentmindedly listen to them, my mind whirring over the last two weeks since they won the championship.

Hunter and I have been in a proper relationship for nearly three weeks now, but it feels like I've been with him for years. We've fallen into a comfortable routine, hanging out in between classes, Nessa and I spending most nights over at the soccer house. Which means I've been cooking dinners for a house full of athletes a few times a week, but I'm not complaining. I love it.

Being with Hunter feels like one of those dreams that feel so real, but too good to be true, like you're going to wake up any minute and realise it's all over. But it's been two weeks since we got back from LA and I haven't woken up yet.

It seems pretty real. I'm actually dating Hunter Triton, head over heels shit faced in love with him.

Suddenly feeling a little giddy, I smother a smile, tuning back into my friends conversations as we finally pass through NRU's ridiculously large double gates.

.                    .                  .

"Ready?" Nessa calls from the bathroom, and I glance back at the mirror one last time, fluffing up my hair.

"Yup!" I respond, giving myself a quick once over. My fingers smooth out the thick black material of my high waisted mini skirt before adjusting the pale pink satin tube top that's tucked into my skirt.

A simple but cute outfit for Hunter's birthday, which is today. The team has planned out a whole night for him, so I'll be giving him my gifts later tonight when we're alone.

My phone blinks the time at 8:30pm. I'd already wished him happy birthday right at midnight, because I spent the night with him yesterday. Safe to say that he ended up getting his first birthday gift from me, right there in bed.