20 ↝ Beast In Bed

"I was stumbling, looking in the dark,
With an empty heart,
But you say you feel the same,
Could we ever be enough?"
Home - One Direction.

I had thought Hunter plays like a professional during practice, but right now, witnessing him playing a real game, I don't have enough words in my vocabulary to describe it

The people around me are screaming his name and cheering for him as he runs down the field with the ball in between his legs, avoiding every opponent that tries to block him smoothly. We're almost at the end of the match, with the scores tied between us and NYU. The crowd is going mad around me, everyone anticipating and cheering their teams on for a last goal that could make or break the game.

My breath catches in my throat as my eyes follow him as he shoots down the field, and makes a pass to Kye. Hunter runs closer to the goal, dodging opponents to keep himself free in case Kye needs to make a pass.

"Go Huntie! Kick!" I hear a familiar catty voice screech, and I turn my head in the direction to see Maya standing a few rows below us, jumping on the spot, waving her hands in the air.

I smother a laugh at her nickname, but Nessa doesn't hold back, bursting out laughing so loud that a few people around us shoot weird looks in our direction.

"He's not even the one with the ball right now." Kiara facepalms, rolling her eyes.

I simply chuckle in response, diverting my attention back to the game. The clock begins ticking the last few seconds, and I can feel the desperation radiating off the fellow NRU students around me as everyone cheers at the top of their lungs for our team. The next few minutes happen so quickly, but it feels like time slowed down. Kye makes a pass back to Hunter, and I clutch Nessa's hands nervously.

"Come on Hunter." I say, mostly to myself even though he can't hear me.

Hunter skids to a halt, and kicks the ball. Everyone's heads turn with the ball as it flies across the field, tumbling towards the net. The goalkeeper jumps, attempting to catch the ball midair, but misses it by an inch.

The ball collides into the back of the net, and mere milliseconds later, the referee whistle blows, concluding the game. The arena bursts into celebration, everyone getting to their feet and cheering, chanting Hunter's name.

"Oh my god!" I exclaim, turning to Nessa and hugging her out of excitement. She mimics my energy, squealing with joy as I release her. Kiara's hooting the names of the boys, and Chloe's cheering for Oliver.

I look back at the field, to see the rest of the team surrounding Hunter, hugging him and cheering their captain on. Hunter turns towards us, waving his hand, with the most gorgeous grin on his face. His cheeks are tinged pink, hair flat against his forehead with sweat.

Butterflies swarm in my stomach at the sight of his rare grin, and my heart warms when I see how happy he looks. His grey eyes shift over the crowd, almost as if searching for someone, and the familiar chill runs down my spine when his gaze lands on me.