43 ↝ Sunshine

"I ain't playin' no games,
Every word that I say,
Is coming straight from the heart,
So if you tryna lay in these arms,"
Leave The Door Open — Bruno Mars

"Do you idiots have goddamn rocks super glued to your feet? Run faster!" Coach Valdez bellows, and as if someone flipped a switch, everyone runs a little faster

My calves are aching and my lungs are near bursting from the long, gruelling practice we just had, but there's only ten minutes left and I need to power through.

The second everyone passes the finish line on our final lap out of fifteen, the boys all collapse into the ground like someone fired gun shots at us. Gasping for air, I drop down on to the grass as well, running a hand through my damp hair as Coach approaches us.

"You bunch of willies." Coach grumbles, but there's a twinkle in his eyes that indicates he's just joking. "You lot did well today. Techniques have been improved, footwork is better and you're stronger. I expect this type of performance when we face off Colombia in our first match for the season next week. We don't have time to fuck around anymore."

Everyone nods in response, too tired to speak.

"We're damn lucky the season was postponed this year, leaving us enough and more time to get our shit together. I don't care if you have to hold your damn breath until we walk out of that field in May after the championship game if it means you'll be at your best."

This year, the spring season was postponed, running through April to late May. Coach is right, this leaves us more time to work harder, and whip up the freshman into shape.

Coach talks to us for a few more minutes before ordering us to hit the showers. The boys and I all but crawl to the locker room, our movements sluggy and zombie-like after the heavy practice.

"Let's go grab some food. I think I'm about to pass out." Leo groans as we step walk out of the locker room, Kye on my other side.

"So Hunt," Kye grins, narrowing his eyes at me playfully. "What's going on with you and Alex?"

Alex.

The mention of her name makes my heart thud a little faster, and I'm immediately reminded of last week.

Before I can stop myself, I'm thinking of her. How soft her skin was, the little moans she was making, her plump lips, how warm and wet and fucking tight she was.

Fuck, I want her again. I want her for the rest of my life.

I could feel my crotch tighten at the thought of her, and if I don't stop myself, I'll be sporting a hard on in front of everyone.