68 ↝ The City Of Dreams

"I lose myself, I do,
But I've found my way to velvet sands,
I'll crash right into you."
Ocean — Khalid & Martin Garrix

" Ocean — Khalid & Martin Garrix

"Fucking hell!"

"Kye! There are kids here." Nessa shoves his shoulder and Kye groans, kicking the soccer ball away from him.

Shaking my head at their antics, I settle down on one of the benches under a large shady tree next to Kiara, the leaves rustling softly in the breeze.

Nessa joins me and Kiara on the bench after biting out Kye for cursing in the middle of the Central Park with tons of kids around us.

The boys resume kicking around the soccer ball again, and I lean back against the bench, taking in a long breath. Today right after lunch, Nessa insisted we spend the day in the city and proceeded to drag all of us to Central Park first. So here we are, our whole friend group hanging around Central Park. The usual.

"What time is Hunter getting here?" Nessa asks, slicking back her hair, which she dyed with streaks of purple awhile ago. Apparently Miles' favourite color is purple.

"In abit." I answer, chuckling to myself when I see Kye get tackled by Liam to the ground.

"Where did he go again?" Kiara asks, blowing a bubble with her gum. I'm tempted to poke it and make it burst, but I restrain myself.

"To meet with his new agent at the boxing club he joined. The legal one." I emphasize, and they laugh. "He'll be here in a few."

I'm glad that Hunter left underground boxing behind him. It was dangerous not only to the people around him, but to him as well. Signing with a proper club is safe, legal and can actually take him places.

"Speaking of, you promised you'd tell us all the deets on what happened at Hunter's place with your parents!" Nessa chimes up, eagerly tugging my arms. "You only told me abit of it."

"Spill the tea, sister." Kiara laughs, flicking my nose and I scowl at her playfully.

It's been almost a week since our families met. The next day after dinner, Hunter and I came back to New York with my Dad and Alec. We spent four whole days walking around the city, showing them places. Hunter really bonded with the two of them throughout those days, and when we dropped them off at the airport yesterday, Dad actually hugged him goodbye.

My Dad's and Alec's approval means everything to me, especially after their protectiveness since what happened to me. But they clearly love Hunter and trust him, and got along great with his family too, and that makes me the happiest girl in the world.

I fill in Nessa and Kiara in on everything, and by the time I'm done, the boys have finished their game and I get a text from Hunter saying he's close by.
Isabelle and Chloe, who were looking at some flowers a few feet away from us, walk over and sit down on the bench next to me.