In loss...in complete and utter loss

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم ....

Yahya's POV

Settled upon the bed of flowers, rooted upon the dense sand, embedded upon the woven wool; the homely land lay maintained beyond the conservatory.
And the tiles; they spilt along the grass whirling towards the garden shed that bathed in the morning sunlight.
I looked down upon my white thowb that shone brightly as I sat caged in the conservatory.

I rocked back and forth on the hammock that centred the conservatory when footprints tapped themselves into the cage.

As I turned towards the entrance, I made out the black fabric that seemed to flutter behind a figure; Amatullah.

Little did she know I was in the conservatory as she took a seat into the sofa along the window of the conservatory.

And silence it was, so beautiful and peaceful as if each moment passed unwittingly as the other.

I looked up at the roof of the conservatory and worked out each indent that made up the White painted metal roof.

And behind that White indented roof emanate a bright light upon which everything that bathed upon such light claimed themselves obedient upon Allah swt, in great praise-alhamdulilah.

And like such depth of natural beauty, did it not fail to hold a more profound and deep effect upon my awake consciousness-and made me think.

And think.

And think.

Of what we have and in fact take for granted; of what we are given and do not pride ourselves for having it-the Quran.

It's love so beautiful such as the garden that lay yet so illuminate upon the hearts of the believers much like that light shining through the conservatory roof.

And much like the hammock...as I rest upon it, it's not hard to realise how I depend upon my rest both in this world and the hereafter on my actions and my memorization of the Qur'an.

I depend upon it yet it doesn't depend on me.

I need islam, but islam doesn't need me.

I need Allah swt and Allah swt doesn't need me.

I am need of all my needs but so incompetent I am to their existence.

The Quran will not change despite how much I distance myself from it or stay attached towards it.

Let us remember....and I say this as I talk to myself and my nafs.

Let us take into full consideration of our station.

Who we are, what value we hold and what value we wish to hold.

A memoriser is a memoriser for his own account.

He doesn't memorise for anyone.

And his memorisation doesn't wait for anyone.

As a traveller it should search, find the opportunity and grasp it upon his own hands.

And if he misses, well that's in his own loss.

As he walks past the castle; ungraspable yet so tangible in its size, as if the possibility to walk up to it is so real; he looks the other way.

And the soldiers of this Castle scuttle out of its giant golden glazed doors rushing towards this individual, tell them of what and whom, where and how of everything and anything about this magnificent place yet he walks silently, further and further he gets from the gate of this Castle and more and more he become dependant upon other means to reach his goal.

Verily he is in a great loss!

As I lost myself into my thoughts, I closed my eyes and slept.

*********************************

Assalamualaykum YA ikhwaan,

I understand little happens in this chapter...but I felt as though I needed to establish the importance of Hifz more firmly.

Promise more action in sha Allah.

On this note, I would sincerely love a Dua for my coins in brother who is currently 8months.

He had fell suddenly unconscious and doctors have given him a few hours to survive on the life support machine.

Please, for the sake of Allah, pray for his health in sha Allah,......

Love you all for the sake of Allah.....

Assalamualaykum