Paper

Yahya's POV

I shut the door behind me leaving both Amatullah and Zahra to their immature selves.

My mind stood fuzzy, much like the aftermath of a storm where raindrops still hung unto the footpath slabs and the waft of fresh, wet air fell into place.

I knew it was my fault and all I could do is Apo lagise hoping for a simple reply and , that quite inevitably, Amatullah's brother never asked about the situation.

But who was I kidding?

Fairy tales is what I was dreaming; fiction upon fiction. Growing into a beanstalk of optimism that was axed at the face of failure. It was inevitable, being a brother, that he would do what was possible in his capacity to save and protect his own sister from anyone and everyone.

At that was surely the case.

As I walked from the corridor into the prayer hall, Abu Bakr's tall and built figure along with a much skinnier and shorter figure sat opposite each other, cross legged on the masjid floor.

Curiosity accelerated into officiousness which converted officiousness into incertitude that in fact showed that this skinny little dude accompanying Abu Bakr wasn't just any another skinny little dude......it was Javed.

Yet.....yet, that wasn't enough for my sense of curiosity to turn into full blown cynicism, to believe that the presence of Javed was a plot against Amatullah.

I began to walk along the rim of the masjid staring at my feet causing Javed to exchange countless looks into my direction. His expression was hardly common and what was seemed to be this very moment that his presence was evident, he looked at to uncomfortable.

"Assalamualaykum Yahya" Saim began walking towards me, a smile stretched from one ear to the other, we bother embraced each other favouring each other's presence.

"How are you my brother?" I turned to Saim and smiled back.

"Alhmdulilah, still living I guess" I said quite quietly.

"Akhi, after the time when Kareem punched you, I am so sorry for my late response. You know..I could have gone to Moulana quicker, it's just the situation you...."

"It's ok Akhi, it's not your fault it's mine" I turned around towards Javed and Abu Bakr.

Within Javed's grasp, sat a bunch of folded papers that he handed to Abu Bakr.

My mind stood confused. What where they?

****************************

Assalamualaykum wa rehmatullah,

Hope you are all in the best of health in sha Allah.

Again, very sorry for the short update, but for more frequent ones, shorter chapters will be posted.

Besides, I have come to realise much about my book; how it seems the title doesn't seem to correlate much with the content and so, the story will wish to take a different route. The dilemmas and problems of Karim and Yahya will no more be the focus.

I believe that with this book being categorised as spiritual, the content has to correlate with that. It makes no sense to post a tragic or romantic story with an Islamic theme on the spiritual section, it gives a false impression and that is what I would want to refrain from as much as possible.

May Allah swt bless you all with the best of health in sha Allah!

And do remember.......

That everyday you and I sin....

With his mercy he hides every single one of them.

And you and I are helpless with our habit

But, he is famous for his mercy.

Wassalam