Aliens have expressions; ya know?

Amatullah's POV

"Is that Ok?" Spoke my teacher as she had her pencil on the end of the page ready to mark down my Sabaq (work).

To accept or not to accept that is the question? I ran through tomorrow's timetable of events and came out with a questioning "yes". She stared at me for a good 10 seconds....straight in the eyes like she was about to engulf me (but of course she was my teacher, she wouldn't ever do that? Would she? Ok now I've played to much Assasin's Creed) Now it was getting a bit uncomfortable and like the stupid girl I am, I started to grin (*Amatullah you look so demented* *face: relax cheek muscles...relax them for God sake").
I started to relax as she ripped her gaze off me and marked down my Sabaq (work).
So now I closed my Qur'an and started to head towards my seat when....
"Amatullah! Who is going to read the Sabaq Sipara and Sabaq Dohr?" Apa screeched. Her voice was high pitched and pierced like a noise when you scratch a fork on a plate..yes OUCH)

"Oh yes, sorry Apa" I said with a sound of despair and forgetfulness where in fact....I was fully aware of it. It's not that I don't like reading it...it's just that I already know it, well that is what I think. Thankfully, with the will of Allah I hadn't ruined that proposition (seeing as I didn't make any major mistakes) and so finally sat in my respective seat.

The window that etched itself behind my seat began to glow a bright yellow bursting it's way through the segments in the window. Each light ray running across every corner of the room.

I threw off my jumper and exposed was the glittery design of my Abaya causing disco lights around the classroom; not the right place to cause then but hey, it's not as is I control the rules of physics as to when reflection happen or not!

I then averted my gaze towards the cover of my Qur'an which was also illuminated by the glow of the sun. It looked magnificent. The maroon base colour wasn't just a plain old maroon. Beneath was an intricate, almost surreal design that was etched into the background of the cover. But sat right in the middle was the gold that bursted out from the maroon design; etching the words "Al Quran".
So beautiful the cover and yet so much more beautiful the contents; don't judge a book by it's cover eh? I examined the spine of my Qur'an rather suprised unto how it still was intact. 4th one this was. Each one falling apart and damaged beyond repair. Like I couldn't ever dare to throw it around, no! After opening and closing it so many times, the spine becomes prone to a lot of wearing...
Hang on why am I blabbing about the condition of my Qur'an? Well that's just me; wierd, mad and definitely worth of an appointment with a psychiatric
For the next hour, I accompanied myself with the recitation of the Qur'an alternating in tune and contemplating upon it's blessed meaning as well as attempting to memorise verses where I didn't get as far as 4 lines...4 lines!
Besides, by 8pm we recited the Dua for leaving the masjid and so without hesitation I ran towards the other classroom and waited for my friends to also make an exit.

"What took you so long eh? I never knew that you were glued to the seat ya know?" I spitted out to my 4 friends aiming the question all at once to every individual. Guess they became used to me now..i wasn't the same as them, they did things that I would never dare to do.... A thorn in the haystack, the thorn of the tree.

"Yeah I know you should have come and helped us if that was the case" Iman said almost seductively while wiggling her eye brows. She was beautiful Mashallah with olive colour skin and large hazel eyes yet she was the youngest of all of us; 13 to be exact. Besides, URGH! What was she made of, Francium? This girl was a bomb ready to explode; a largely sensitive character and so despite the itch of giving back a sarcastic answer to her I smiled and turned towards Tasleem and saw a almost alien-like expression (yes aliens to have expressions of there faces, I have one at home and have called it my brother) on her face...... I became largely worried until she let her mouth open.