Javed

Yahya's POV.

School went as a blur but what settled in my mind seemed to hover within; like a trapped wasp in a room, unable to co ordinate a way out.

Little did I concentrate as everything that had happened for the past few days began to be all what I thought about.....even the presence by closest friend Saalih didn't help.

"Akhi, you ok?"

We were walking out of the school making our way home when Saalih's loud response obliged for a reply.

"Alhamdulilah" I mumbled to Saalih.

He stopped and stared at me as I was carrying on walking at a snails pace leaning forward, eyes on the ground.

"Bro you look like a child who just had their dinner money snatched."

He walked faster and walked along with me. I stayed silent, not a word was uttered for 5 minutes and Saalih understood that I was deep in thought.

" What are you thinking about Einstein?" He said trying to get my attention.

"How my life is so confusing" I came out with a bleak answer, an answer nonetheless for Saalih who took this opportunity to teach me a lesson.

"Ya Rab! Really Yahya. It's seems bleak and confusing to you because you are not aware of what Allah swt has got planned for you, what he has in store for you. It's meant to be confusing, things may not add up right at this moment but that doesn't mean that at the end it'll not add up to the right amount. Allah swt has got it all planned. Think of whatever is bothering you and see a way through Akhi. You know Allah swt is the best of planners. No amount of thinking can change the past" Saalih blurted from his one of every day lectures that teach me the most simplest of lessons but really got me thinking.

Maybe I was supposed to meet Karim.....maybe Amatullah was supposed to be there.....maybe......or more.........I was supposed to break it out to Zahra. There isn't a maybe, it's conviction, Allah swt had planned this out, his plans great, our future predicted by the one who created us and our future, planted within us potential which little do we find.

My mind began to ease and I replied to Saalih:

"Bro, Akhi, wise words their. May Allah swt give me the tawfeeq to have complete conviction in him and that it doesn't hinder me from entering jannah" I spoke.

"Ameen Ameen Ameen " Saalih spoke in a cheerful tone slapping my arm with his skinny bony hand.

I gave out a little smile and exchanged salams and parted out own ways.

As I walked in, the sight of my mother was cooling to my eyes and the screaming of my sister caught my attention.

"Yahyaaaaaaaa!! Assalamualykum" she screached as she was running down the stairs, still plastered in her uniform.

"Wa alaykum Salam. Too excited for a Monday after school" I directed to her while looking at the mirror, stoking my long hair back and my extremely primitive beard.

"Whatever" she walked across and faced me. Her face stretched with a smile, her eyes drowned by her high cheekbones.

She began to jump up and down

"Yahya!!" She squeeled.

She looked over excited, and rather cute, and I felt a rush coming along from her.

"Whaaaaaaaaattt" I said smiling and imitating her by jumping up and down.

"Stop it stupid you look really funny when you do that seriously" she said slapping my arm....and it tickled.