It's all my fault

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Yahya's POV

I did as I was told by Rahim, I walked into the masjid and made my way to the wudhu khana (wudhu area) to complete my ablution.

I really shouldn't have blown out, in front of Rahim, Javed, Amatullah and in front of the masjid.

We all make mistakes we regret and this seemed to mine so far. I reached out for the towel after conpleting wudhu and felt a peaking sense of calmness and relaxation within me. I stared at the window frame, making out the window frame along with the window, lost in daylight symphony, losing myself into my own thoughts.

"Yahya" I was stripped myself away from my daydream and gazed at Rahim who was at the door of the wudhu area.

He looked sternly at me and let out the weakest smile.

"Sorry Rahim" I walked towards him dumping the towel into the wash basket. "Jizakallahukhayrun for pointing that out to me ya Akhi. May Allah reward you" I said quietly.

I wasn't sure what mood he was in but a smile creeped his lips.

"It's alright Akhi. Live for your brother as you live for yourself" he said.

Rahim began walking swiftly towards the jamaat hall and instead of walking straight in, he took a right into the Masjid kitchen.

I stood confused untill Rahim told me to follow along.

He opened the door to the kitchen and left it open for me. As I reached out to shut it, a hand behind me opened to also enter; Javed.

"Na'am" I said confusingly, walking towards the fridge and tampering with the draws and pots and pans, retrieving them to their right places.

"Yahya, what was that about outside" Rahim said.

I picked up the large ladle out of the dish and began to wash it.

The water gushed out and within the midst I let out a response

"Nothing nothing really. Sorry Akhi, just something that might have happened ages ago"

"Might?" Rahim let out

"It happened or it didn't" he carried on while the tap still ran.

"It did. Just some stupid stuff between Yahya's sister and my brother"

"Zahra?" Rahim screeched clearly suprised.

"No the other one" Javed replied as he began twiddling with his hands.

"Which other one?" Rahim replied much louder clearly confused.

"Nothing. It doesn't matter, and you don't have to mention it ok" I spoke loudly clearly bothered turning towards Rahim and Javed with the soaped ladle.

"Well you mentioned my sisters name and I want to know" Rahim said calmly.

"well all I was trying to do is try and protect your sister" I said quietly.

"What was that?" Rahim said.

"I wanted to protect Amatullah" I said louder.

I rinsed the ladle and reached out for the dish cloth and started wiping it rigorously.

"Well I am her brother and I am sure I can do that if you tell me what's happening" Rahim states at me.

"You don't need to know" I spoke at Rahim.

"I'll ask Zahra" Rahim said.

"That's my sister. Why are you going to ask her?"

My sister, what was he thinking?