Chapter 7

*Sexual Content* (towards the end)

"I want to be your girlfriend. I want to be yours. And I want you to be all mine."

My words felt like they echoed throughout the room. Or maybe it was just through my mind. I couldn't believe I had just said that. But I couldn't bring myself to feel embarrassed, not when the conviction of my truth filled me so satisfyingly to the brim from my toes to my fingers. The confidence that filled me was similar to how it felt to be at the right place at the right time. It felt like I was fulfilling my destiny. Like I was where I was meant to be.

Reyn's tense face crumpled. Now free from the tension of containing his emotions, his shoulders sagged. His head was bowed and resting on my chest, hands desperately gripping onto my shoulders. It was a position of relief.

Of reverence.

Of divine submission.

Maybe that's what we were. A fated meeting. Something prophesized in the same stars that I hopelessly gazed at every night from the safe security of my bed.

With parted lips, his eyes slowly traveled up to meet mine as he leaned back in his chair. His hands drifted up both sides of my neck and settled on my cheeks.

"All you ever had to do was say the word." His voice, raspy and rough from his tears gave me shivers. A rush from the base of my spine to the top of my head.

His thumb traced my lips which were swollen from pouting.

Tears of a different kind overflowed, trailing down my cheeks. I smiled at him and laughed. My fingers traced his eyebrows, his nose, his mouth, his jaw. No part of his face was left untouched. His eyes were closed as I pressed my lips along each plane, each ridge, each valley.

His eyes were closed, and his hands dug deep into my sides, but it didn't matter. I was drunk off of his adoration and I showered him with my own.

"I never... I never let myself think that we could actually be together." I admitted, reluctantly pulling back. My finger slowly caressed the bridge of his nose.

The furrow between his eyebrows reappeared. My hands were soon trapped within his.

"And why is that?" His words sounded more like a demand than a question.

I always felt like he could see through me. As if he were reviewing my thoughts, considering each one. As if he knew already knew what I was thinking but just wanted the verbal confirmation.

"I didn't want to hurt too much when this was over." My voice broke slightly, the fear filling me anew. I still don't.

His hands tightened, his rings digging into my hands.

"Babygirl, the only way this is going to end is if you leave me."

I shook my head. That couldn't be. There was no way. I waited all this time to find the right person. When I loved, I knew I would give the other person my all, my complete devotion. My heart. My mind. Everything. And I couldn't fathom giving that to just anybody. So, if—no, since-- that person was him, because every fiber in me gravitated towards him, I would never let him go. Never.

I was going to be his faithful moon. I would orbit him for the rest of my days as long as nothing pushed me out of place.

"Then don't give me a reason to leave," I proposed.

"Never," he promised. And while his words brought me comfort, there was a niggling feeling of doubt at the back of my mind.

Our head snapped to the side as the door swung open. Sylv stopped in his tracks and lightly scratched the back of his neck.