Chapter 22

Sexual Content

As soon as we reached the door to the apartment, and Reyn stood on the other side, Oreo took off.

"Everything went fine." He simply stated before heading to the elevators.

"How come you're home early?" I asked Reyn as I walked into the apartment.

A small smile spread across his features. "We have a gala to go to, baby."

"A gala?" I echoed. "On a Tuesday?"

"My father always said that normal people party on the weekends but the wealthy party during the week," he mimicked with a roll of his eyes. I laughed softly at the ridiculousness of the statement.

"But I don't have a dress..."

"Don't worry, love, I chose something and had my personal shopper pick it up for you. I just hope you like it."

He took my hand and led me into the bedroom. I set my bag down by the bed and unzipped the dress cover that was laid out on top of the sheets.

I gasped when I saw the black dress covered in blush pink and vermillion roses overlaid with a transparent layer of black tulle. The top half fit like a corset with a sweetheart neckline. The skirt hung loose and had a slit running up to what seemed like the mid-thigh. The sleeves were puffy, with the same pattern, and were off the shoulder. Fabric roses dotted the places where the sleeves met the bodice. There was even a dragonfly with gem wings added at the crest of one of the busts.

My hand hovered over my mouth and I used the other hand to feel the slightly rough texture of the netting.

"Reyn it's beautiful. I don't think even I could've found a dress like this myself." The quality was amazing. Despite the delicate look of the dress, all the seams were strong and the fabric looked as if it could endure lifetimes. There was no doubt it was expensive. "Please tell me you rented the dress."

His eyebrows furrowed and his head moved slightly back as if he were insulted.

"No, baby, it's all yours. Why would I rent the dress? As soon as I saw it I felt like it was made for you. Why? You don't like it? Would you like to go to the boutique with me? We still have a few hours... it might be tight but I think we could make it." He looked down at his wristwatch calculating the time in his head, I'm sure. I grabbed his face, slightly pressing his cheeks, and pressed my lips firmly against his.

"None of that is necessary. I love the dress; I just hate the idea of you spending so much on me."

He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. That's when I noticed that while I was admiring the dress, he had retrieved another bag.

"Don't tell me there's more..." I whispered.

"Is it such a bad thing to want to spoil you?" He reached into the bag to pull out a shoebox. I didn't miss the iconic white cursive lettering on the cardboard box.

"I wasn't sure what your taste in heels was, so I figured black pumps would be safe. And since there are red roses on your dress, Louboutins just made sense."

Tears fell from my eyes. I sat on the bed, careful to avoid the dress. He immediately dropped the box and knelt in front of me.

"What's wrong, my baby? If it's too much, you can wear anything you want, baby. If you don't like it just say the word." He pushed the bag behind his back before his hands brushed the tears from my face. "Please don't cry. If you hate it that much then I'll never buy anything again without asking you first."

"I've always dreamt of owning a pair of Louboutins," I cried. Reyn's entire body, including his face, relaxed at my words.

"Oh, princess. Is that what this is about? Baby, I'll buy all the pairs you want, just say the word. You don't have to cry over it," He tried to comfort me but that only made me cry harder.