Chapter 18

*Sexual Content* (from the stars until the end)

I screwed up. I screwed up. I screwed up.

I couldn't even defend myself because I deserved this. I deserved whatever scolding I got.

The faint yellow light emanating from above highlighted the edges of his face sharpening his features. The light from the windows behind him framed his body in an ethereal glow. He could've been an angel and I would've believed it.

Reyn just gave me a brief glance. He scanned my body before looking at the man behind me.

I took a small step back, almost crashing into Oreo. I looked at him apologetically.

"Bedroom. Now."

I heard a whispered 'oh, shit' from behind me before I silently shuffled into the said room. I sat on the edge of the bed, feeling like I didn't deserve to lay down. Maybe even sitting on the bed was more than I deserved. My throat felt tight, and my limbs felt weak.

I played with the rings on my fingers and dug my nails into my palm. I could hear Reyn and Orion discussing things in the living room.

I held my ear up to the door and waited.

And waited.

They were discussing the situation and what to do. Oreo was going to have the number tracked using contacts from the security company he worked for.

Reyn threatened that if he ever failed to notify him of my whereabouts again he'll sue for breaching the contract he signed at the onset of hiring Orion. I could only imagine what Oreo's reaction to that threat was. And I could only imagine what he would do to me once he joined me where I was waiting on the bed. Reyn was scary when he was mad.

The sun was setting outside, a golden hue illuminated the room and ignited the ominous shadows. If only it could do the same with my fears. Burn off my shadows in a warm, fiery, gold flame. I let the light weave through my fingers, taking in the warmth as if it could save me from what was to come.

My head snapped to the side when I heard the door open. My hand dropped to my side like a limp noodle. I sat up straight. When I saw Reyn peer into the room, I looked forward avoiding his eyes. I was too ashamed to meet his eyes.

He didn't say a word as he sat beside me on the bed. It took everything in my not to slink away from his touch when he reached out to stroke my hair. I tried my best not to sink into him when the bed dipped.

"On your knees."

I slid down from the bed onto the floor with a thud. A dull pain ebbed from my shins. No hesitation stunted my movements.

"Look at me," his fingers jerked my face up using my chin. The nail of his thumb pressed into my lower lip. I parted my mouth slightly, not knowing how to feel.

"Do you know how it feels to learn about your whereabouts from your stalker? Hmm, princess?"

Well, when you put it that way...

"Uh uh, look at me when I'm speaking to you," he commanded when I tried to look back down. He jerked my face up, forcing me to make eye contact.

"You have it in you to forget about me?" He leaned down so his face was right in front of mine. Our noses barely touched each other. My spine tingled at his arrogant smile. "Let me show you what it feels like to have one person be all you can think about." His knuckles trailed down the side of my face.

*****

"I'm gonna fuck you until there's no doubt in your mind who the fuck you belong to." He paused, outlining my lips with his thick fingers. "But not just yet." He pressed his lips to mine and bit a little too hard on my lower lip. "Get over my lap."